quick question

Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default quick question

Hi,

Just a quick question.
I know that in order for an employer in Australia to offer someone in the Uk a job they have to be able to prove that they have tried to employ someone from Australia and have not found anyone suitable.

Am I right in thinking that the rules are different in New Zealand and that potentially any employer can offer you a job that is suitable for permanent residency visa purposes just on the basis that it is relevant to either your qualification or experience.

I can't find anything that says the NZ employers have to test the labour market as they do in Australia so I'm assuming that this is not a requirement.

Can someone please confirm this for me, as my hubby is worried that this may be an issue when trying to find a job offer.

Thanks for the help

Kath
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Hi ~ My husbands NZ employer had to provide proof that he couldn't find a suitable employee in NZ or Oz, he had to show the newspaper ads etc. so it sounds pretty similar to Oz.
Best of luck !
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: quick question

Originally posted by kathm
Hi,

Just a quick question.
I know that in order for an employer in Australia to offer someone in the Uk a job they have to be able to prove that they have tried to employ someone from Australia and have not found anyone suitable.

Am I right in thinking that the rules are different in New Zealand and that potentially any employer can offer you a job that is suitable for permanent residency visa purposes just on the basis that it is relevant to either your qualification or experience.

I can't find anything that says the NZ employers have to test the labour market as they do in Australia so I'm assuming that this is not a requirement.

Can someone please confirm this for me, as my hubby is worried that this may be an issue when trying to find a job offer.

Thanks for the help

Kath
Its similar to Oz for general work permits (ie showing atempts to recruit NZers), but there are exceptions, notably if the job is listed as a priority occupation, or under the Work-to-Residence scheme (talent visa). Have a look on NZIS website, under work to residence for more info