Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

questions for shippers

Wikiposts

questions for shippers

Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:24 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice
Default questions for shippers

hey all just a quick one as i have the first company coming round tomoz to give us a quote on shipping our stuff to perth,
i was wondering in all the pearls of wisdom on here, has any one got any good queries/ questions that i should be asking about.
i know about the dirty containers but will ask him what charge is to be paid regarding this.
any help would be great

cheers

andy
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: questions for shippers

Originally Posted by woody1974
hey all just a quick one as i have the first company coming round tomoz to give us a quote on shipping our stuff to perth,
i was wondering in all the pearls of wisdom on here, has any one got any good queries/ questions that i should be asking about.
i know about the dirty containers but will ask him what charge is to be paid regarding this.
any help would be great

cheers

andy
Sorry haven't got any answers to your question but am interested in the replies you get we hope to move next summer, hope you dont mind me joining your thread Janet
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:06 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice
Default Re: questions for shippers

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Sorry haven't got any answers to your question but am interested in the replies you get we hope to move next summer, hope you dont mind me joining your thread Janet
more the merrier lol just thought some one might be able to help us out with there experiences with shippers e.g hidden costs and thing
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

There was a list recently which I printed off so if you do a search you should find it.

My best advice is to test them to see if they know what they're talking about. We had Nightingales out and it was obvious that they had no idea - dried flowers were, apparently, no problem so long as I wasn't importing boxes full. Hmmmm, didn't ask any questions after that.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:03 am
still searching

Originally Posted by ohippy
There was a list recently which I printed off so if you do a search you should find it.

My best advice is to test them to see if they know what they're talking about. We had Nightingales out and it was obvious that they had no idea - dried flowers were, apparently, no problem so long as I wasn't importing boxes full. Hmmmm, didn't ask any questions after that.
thanks for that will give them a test, bishops are coming out and have seen some good feed back on here about them.