Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Questions for Sandra

Questions for Sandra

Old Jul 13th 2003, 3:27 pm
Charlotte

Default Questions for Sandra

We collected the Visa in London in person, it was quite moving for me as they put my daughters visa in first, moving for me because we had been refused a temp 457 on the basis of her being partially deaf just eight months earlier and we were already living and working in the country then. She has an interesting passport now including visas stating she cannot work or leave the country!
Hi Sandra

Great story, I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end ! I have had dealings with George Lombard and he is good.

I am almost totally deaf in my left ear. It's completely unoticeable since I speak normally and the only time I have difficulty hearing anyone is when I am in a noisy situation and they are directly to my left. Judging from the number of people I have met with same condition it seems fairly common.

I am working in Australia on a 457 visa. I didn't have any trouble getting the visa since the medical test only consisted of a chest X-ray and nothing else.

Because of my situation your story has intrigued me and I would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind :

- What degree of deafness does your daughter suffer from ?

- If you were already in Australia, why were they turning down your 457 visa - didn't you already have it ? Or was it a Renewal you were applying for ?

- Why was hearing part of the medical test ?

- Was hearing part of the PR medical test ? I gather this didn't stop you from getting your PR visas ?

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
Charlotte

Last edited by Charlotte; Jul 13th 2003 at 3:29 pm.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 11:50 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for Sandra

Originally posted by Charlotte
Hi Sandra

Great story, I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end ! I have had dealings with George Lombard and he is good.

I am almost totally deaf in my left ear. It's completely unoticeable since I speak normally and the only time I have difficulty hearing anyone is when I am in a noisy situation and they are directly to my left. Judging from the number of people I have met with same condition it seems fairly common.

I am working in Australia on a 457 visa. I didn't have any trouble getting the visa since the medical test only consisted of a chest X-ray and nothing else.

Because of my situation your story has intrigued me and I would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind :

- What degree of deafness does your daughter suffer from ?

- If you were already in Australia, why were they turning down your 457 visa - didn't you already have it ? Or was it a Renewal you were applying for ?

- Why was hearing part of the medical test ?

- Was hearing part of the PR medical test ? I gather this didn't stop you from getting your PR visas ?

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
Charlotte
Hi I will try and private message you, it is all a rather long story!

Cheers Sandra
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:33 am
Charlotte

Thanks Sandra

Look forward to your message.

I am quite worried about this after reading your post.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:02 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Charlotte
Thanks Sandra

Look forward to your message.

I am quite worried about this after reading your post.
Did you get it I sent an email the other day?

Will try again

Cheers Sandra

PS please do not be worried - my story is about getting a child in the country you are here and working in your own right. My daughter's case was because she might cause a cost to the country. You are not in that category!