Reload this Page >

Questions Questions Questions ???

Questions Questions Questions ???

Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

wmckellar will become famous soon enough
Cool Questions Questions Questions ???

Hi Guys and Gals,

That is the adventure nearly beginning , got my visa, arranged the shipping company and looks like the week of the 13th March i will be heading to Brissie.

Hopefully you guys can help - Can you tell me if you need your P45 from your last job in the UK to take to oz with you??

I have managed to get a credit check, letters from the estate agent to say the house was sold in good condition and no claims discount on the old driving - anything else anyone can think of?

One more question - Does anyone know much what this situation is with orthadontists. My financee has a brace in at the moment which is due to come out soon but will require some treatment when getting to Brisse -anyone???

Thanks in advance

Will
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions Questions Questions ???

Originally Posted by wmckellar
Hi Guys and Gals,

That is the adventure nearly beginning , got my visa, arranged the shipping company and looks like the week of the 13th March i will be heading to Brissie.

Hopefully you guys can help - Can you tell me if you need your P45 from your last job in the UK to take to oz with you??

I have managed to get a credit check, letters from the estate agent to say the house was sold in good condition and no claims discount on the old driving - anything else anyone can think of?

One more question - Does anyone know much what this situation is with orthadontists. My financee has a brace in at the moment which is due to come out soon but will require some treatment when getting to Brisse -anyone???

Thanks in advance

Will
You will only need your P45 in order to claim back any excess tax you have paid over the year - won't be much if you are only leaving a couple of weeks before end of tax year but it's always good to get something back.

Dentists are expensive and not covered on Medicare but if you need stuff done then not a lot you can do about it. You can get health insurance cover but there are so many cop out clauses and the amount you can claim is small so may or may not be worth having.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thanks in advance

Will
You will need to send your p45 to tax office in uk along with the relevant form, to claim a tax refund. We just had our refund so its worth doing.
Sue
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thanks in advance

Will
Hi Will

You need to complete Form P85 and send to HM Revenue & Customs with your P45. This informs them that you are leaving the UK and you may get a tax rebate depending on your earnings in the tax year you are leaving (6 April 05 to 5 April 06)

Good luck with the move

Shell