Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question- Is white the only colour?

Question- Is white the only colour?

Old May 25th 2003, 9:06 am
plumber39

Default Question- Is white the only colour?

When driving in oz last year virtually every car was white,do other colour,s bleach in the sun? or is white oz,s favourite colour?

Old May 25th 2003, 9:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My friends car was an attractive shade of pink, which she assured me used to be red! So i guess your theorys right plum!!!!
Old May 25th 2003, 9:10 am
plumber39

White it is then!!!!

Old May 25th 2003, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

isn't white one of those colours which is blamed for road accidents - people reckon they are too hard to see!

LEt you in on a laugh - I got ran over by a white car - theory was obviously true then - cos I didnt see him!!!!

He seen me though - spinning on his bonnet!

(maybe thats why I have this twitch?!?!?!?!?)
Old May 25th 2003, 12:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question- Is white the only colour?

Originally posted by plumber39
When driving in oz last year virtually every car was white,do other colour,s bleach in the sun? or is white oz,s favourite colour?
Get in a black car , when it,s 40deg c ,and you will know why people prefer WHITE cars , ..........it,s a world known fact that green cars are involved in more accidents than any other colours,........ MM
Old May 25th 2003, 12:54 pm
plumber39

Even with A/C?, sugar my car,s green,can,t afford to bump it part of my collateral when in oz!

Old May 25th 2003, 1:16 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber39
Even with A/C?, sugar my car,s green,can,t afford to bump it part of my collateral when in oz!
one thing you will learn here is that ,air con will not help you when car has been sitting in the sun all day, or when you leave plastic items on the dash,c.d.s etc only to find them a twisted mess, one of the best selling after market items in oz are ,dash mats .and internal sun shades ................ MM
Old May 25th 2003, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Mr Mover is right on this one!! I have a white car with tinted windows and if I ever forget to put the internal windscreen shade up it's freaking boiling in there for ages...and you can't touch the steering wheel for ages!!!!!!

And it's far worse in my husbands gunmetal grey car, even once you put the aircon on it (seems) to take forever to cool the blinking inside down.

Moral of the story, buy a white car, with aircon and don't EVER forget to put the internal screen up when leaving the car or else you will cook....you'll probably only do it the once if you forget!!

love sophia xx
Old May 25th 2003, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question- Is white the only colour?

Originally posted by mr mover
Get in a black car , when it,s 40deg c ,and you will know why people prefer WHITE cars , ..........it,s a world known fact that green cars are involved in more accidents than any other colours,........ MM

Perfectly true Mr Mover

Sue
Old May 25th 2003, 5:07 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default cars in the sun

The trick is to start the car with the AC on full while your outside leave it 5 mins then as you jump in you brush the flys off your back.Try not to shift it into gear as the flys c'ant catch you as you run after the car.White cars reflect the heat better than dark colours remember those science lessons.Large beer please mate what do you get large sherry glass full of larger.Still clearing out the garage :scared: yafms other half.
Old May 25th 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cars in the sun

We've done that today too!
Need another couple of trips to the tip and a car boot sale and we'll be halfway there!!
Ho hum!!

Mash..
Originally posted by yafm
Still clearing out the garage :scared: yafms other half.
Old May 25th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Don't they have white cars because they reflect the sun, rather than absorb it like black and other dark colours. That was always my theory anyway.
Old May 27th 2003, 12:02 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Its a tax dodge. Well, buying a white ute is. But of course, you have to have a dog in the back.

For the record, our 4x4 is british racing green (had to be really...)