Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question to travel agents / airlines staff

question to travel agents / airlines staff

Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default question to travel agents / airlines staff

Hi,

I am flying Qantas in cattle class on Sept.18th and have requested an exit seat since i'm 5'11 (1.80m) tall lady. thing is, i managed to pull a muscle in my stomach a few weeks ago and i can barely walk. needless to say that sitting in the same position for 12h is gonna be hell. It's actually called a tendonitis. a bit like a tennis elbow but in my lower stomach and it really hurts. if u wonder how i did it well nope its not too much sex but just swimming that did it (i used to swim every day and it caused a repetitive strain injury).

I know that i have no chance to get an exit seat if i tell them im injured as u have to be 200% fit to be able to open the door in case of an emergency, however i would like to know if the ground staff are allowed to upgrade me if i show them the medical certificate or if i will only get a "tough luck you are lucky enough to immigrate... "

has anyone ever been in the same situation or works for an airline / travel agents and knows the rules???

thanks a lot for your help.

broken fabie
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question to travel agents / airlines staff

Poor you. I hope you feel better soon - will take a while though.

I work as cabin crew for BA and there is no way you will get an upgrade by showing your medical certificate - sorry. You will probably make things worse especially as you are using Qantas. You could try asking for the bulkhead seat altho' these are usually reserved for babies/children but not always.

My friend does checkin at T4. I will speak to her tomorrow and pm you with some ideas (She's working tonite).

Suzy