Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question for a Techi?

A question for a Techi?

Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice
Default A question for a Techi?

If you get e decent sat dish and point it in the right direction, would it be possible to get Sky in Aus?

Remember the days before all had sky. Some used to have BIG dishe's and get TV from around the world.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:12 pm
Badge

Default Re: A question for a Techi?

I wish this arvo ANYONE had a dish.

I had to drive for 40mins around E Melbourne to find a club showing the Charity Shield (even though I knew South Sydney would lose).

BM

Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:44 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Sydney The Dog
If you get e decent sat dish and point it in the right direction, would it be possible to get Sky in Aus?

Remember the days before all had sky. Some used to have BIG dishe's and get TV from around the world.
No chance whatsoever!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

what channels are you after?
Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

As many as possible.

But Sky Sports for me.

BBC & ITV for her indoors.

+ Music & kids.

I didn't plan to watch much telly, but the sunny coast gets dark at 6.30!!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

As many as possible.

But Sky Sports for me.

BBC & ITV for her indoors.

+ Music & kids.

I didn't plan to watch much telly, but the sunny coast gets dark at 6.30!!!!!
Foxtel is Aus equivalent (Austar if you live rural)
Foxtel broadcast Sky news (both Oz and UK several times a day)
Foxtel broadcast all Sky Premiership games (even the pay per view are broadcast for free)
Tons of kids stuff - Disney, Nickleodean, etc. Tons of music - VH1, MTV and about 20 others!
National Geo, Discovery, History,
Hallmark and other movies
UK Lifestyle (Changing Rooms, Jamie Oliver, etc etc)
and mush much more!

No BBc, no ITV, no Eurosport
Also CL matches on ESPN

I probably didnt need to list all that - should have just sent you to www.foxtel.com.au !!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers, Thanx for that.