Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question re Icon Legend

Question re Icon Legend

Old May 6th 2004, 7:35 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question re Icon Legend

Being a bit stupid here but just out of curiousity when I create a new post the Icon Legend on the left-hand side of the post has a camera with a black dot in it, everyone elses just has a camera. What does the dot mean?

Thanks.
Old May 6th 2004, 7:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re Icon Legend

Originally posted by she'llberight
Being a bit stupid here but just out of curiousity when I create a new post the Icon Legend on the left-hand side of the post has a camera with a black dot in it, everyone elses just has a camera. What does the dot mean?

Thanks.
It means you are subscribed to that post and will be sent an email when somebody else posts to that thread (if you have that option set).

But ... er ... camera?? It's meant to look like a Windows file folder I think It just has a dot to show you are subscribed to it.
Old May 6th 2004, 7:44 pm
Reticent Member

Default Re: Question re Icon Legend

Originally posted by wmoore
It means you are subscribed to that post and will be sent an email when somebody else posts to that thread (if you have that option set).

But ... er ... camera?? It's meant to look like a Windows file folder I think It just has a dot to show you are subscribed to it.

Thanks for putting me straight wmoore - now I look at the icon I can see it's meant to be a file - either that or I need to change my bi-focals!! What can I say, I'm useless at technology.....
Old May 6th 2004, 8:17 pm
Reticent Member

Options changed, dot gone, job done. Hurrah!
Old May 7th 2004, 7:47 pm
Reticent Member

I spoke too soon!

With the help & advice of wmoore (bless him) I tried to remove that wretched dot thing. Well, I wasn't successful. So in sheer frustration I emailed 'they who should be obeyed' and Sue had the answer to my plight (she was very quick to answer my mail). So the definitive answer to the black dot saga (if anyone cares) is:

Quote Sue "The black dot is just a reminder that you posted in a thread, so if you are browsing the board you can tell instantly that you had posted there. No one else can see if but you. Everyone has one. There is no way to erase it".

Duh!

I can sleep easy tonight. Thanks wmoore & Sue.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by she'llberight
I spoke too soon!

With the help & advice of wmoore (bless him) I tried to remove that wretched dot thing. Well, I wasn't successful. So in sheer frustration I emailed 'they who should be obeyed' and Sue had the answer to my plight (she was very quick to answer my mail). So the definitive answer to the black dot saga (if anyone cares) is:

Quote Sue "The black dot is just a reminder that you posted in a thread, so if you are browsing the board you can tell instantly that you had posted there. No one else can see if but you. Everyone has one. There is no way to erase it".

Duh!

I can sleep easy tonight. Thanks wmoore & Sue.
Aaaaaaah I see! I too will sleep easy tonight!!
Old May 7th 2004, 8:11 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

How interesting! Why didn't I know about that yet!!!

Well, I've got 8 black dots on the first page. I'm afraid it's usually more I think....