Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question for new arrivals(and old with memory)

question for new arrivals(and old with memory)

Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:17 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default question for new arrivals(and old with memory)

we have been here for almost 7 weeks now and i`m now on my 3rd cold
the mrs has had a cold on and off for the last fortnight and little elizabeth is like a snot making machine
jack the little bugger has been right as rain throughout and is excelling in breaking our balls.
basically my question is this
did many of you get colds(sick) soon after arriving?
if so what did you put it down too?
my theory is change of climate,air quality,new germs or withdrawl from ciggie smoke down my local
anyone else feeling like poop? if so any clues as to why
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:19 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question for new arrivals(and old with memory)

Originally Posted by wengerboy
the mrs has had a cold on and off for the last fortnight and little elizabeth is like a snot making machine
jack the little bugger has been right as rain throughout and is excelling in breaking our balls.
my theory is change of climate,air quality,new germs or withdrawl from ciggie smoke down my local
Yep...even family who visited. We put it down to the same as you

You haven't got any chickens ave ya
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:23 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Yep...even family who visited. We put it down to the same as you

You haven't got any chickens ave ya
chook free zone
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie Dr said that this theory of new versions of old germs was nonsense, but what do they know eh, bloody quacks the lot of 'em.

Lots of people complained of having a bulk of illness shortly after arrival , your timing is spot on . There is another theory - Stress.... When you are stressed (Like selling your house, or ... hmm. I dunno... planning a move to another continent 14,000 miles away) your body gets super hard and fights off all the germs and bugs, then when the stressful event is over (Youve Fought It , Fleed It, or F"""d it) your body goes into super weener mode and you get every bug going running rampant in your blood stream whilst the white blood cells are off having a nap.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing really.

Youngest had 2 bouts of tonsilitis which I think was more to do with tiredness.

I think tis down to you sickly English people especially city folk with funny accents and Arsenal supporters
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=wengerboy]

Also to do with the time of year I think. We are a family of four (been here 5 years) and have all had a cold at some point over the last 2 months (apparently there are a lot doing the rounds) our baby who is nearly 7 months has a permanent one for the last 2 months

Hope you all get better soon
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:27 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

They say being on a plane with all the recycled air and germs circulating is a major factor
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:29 am
Up The Arse!!

[QUOTE=Betty Boot]

Also to do with the time of year I think. We are a family of four (been here 5 years) and have all had a cold at some point over the last 2 months (apparently there are a lot doing the rounds) our baby who is nearly 7 months has a permanent one for the last 2 months

Hope you all get better soon
thanx!hope your bubba shakes it soon i hate when the little ones are ill