Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Would you do the right thing?
Yes, Id fess up. Id never rip a friend off!
58.57%
Id pretend I'd never seen it happen!
2.86%
Id admit if I couldnt afford it and try and come to an arrangement!
35.71%
I would deny that my child wsa no where near the car and how dare you accuse my little prince?
2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
I was expecting you to say a lot more than GBP200 so I would tell her she got off lightly.

Thing is, with the House, BMW and Galaxy she is prob up to her oxters in debt, hence the reason she is freaking at the thought of a bill for GBP200, so you could just let it go and feel totally superior

PS. I may be biased in my opinion cos I am such a crap driver that my car is not important to me. (6 accidents in 4 years, ALL of them my fault and 5 out of 6 didnt involve another car :scared: ) As far as I'm concerned a car is a means of getting from A to B. Having said that since hubby bought me my new car I have been a v.careful driver and not had an accident in over a year now (almost a record for me - typical blonde driver I am )

All those accidents and hubby has still bought you a new car. Either he loves you very much or is totally insane

Tracey
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:25 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
All those accidents and hubby has still bought you a new car. Either he loves you very much or is totally insane

Tracey
Yeah, Veggie - what's your secret? I'm still driving a ten-year old Citroen because I still manage at least one prang every year! Dave's promised I can have a new car when I get through one whole year within 'an incident' - haven't managed it yet!

Nicky
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Yeah, Veggie - what's your secret? I'm still driving a ten-year old Citroen because I still manage at least one prang every year! Dave's promised I can have a new car when I get through one whole year within 'an incident' - haven't managed it yet!

Nicky

I've got an old M reg cavalier . My daughter keeps going on about a new car because it is just soooooo embarrassing. Doesnt embarrass me, gets me where I need to go. As for the daughter I just tell her that if she doesnt like it she knows where the bus stop is

Tracey
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:59 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dying to hear how things were today at the school gate Lucyb, did you see your "friend"?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm dying to hear how things were today at the school gate Lucyb, did you see your "friend"?
Didnt realise that it was a thread from yesterday. Wonder what happened!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

My first thought was to go round there and put a walloping great dig down the side of the BMW, my second thought................bugger it, go round there and put a walloping great dig in the beamer. Andy
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:46 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, didnt see her at the school gate and cant be arsed with the whole saga anymore anyway. Im paying for the car to go in next week to get fixed (managed to get a qte from chips away for £160) I will be civil if I see her but wont bother with her in future. You know what's annoying though? She is pregnant again and I recently gave her a massive bag of really lovely out grown baby clothes (all Gap and Next etc) and didnt expect anything in return for it.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:10 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
LOL, didnt see her at the school gate and cant be arsed with the whole saga anymore anyway. Im paying for the car to go in next week to get fixed (managed to get a qte from chips away for £160) I will be civil if I see her but wont bother with her in future. You know what's annoying though? She is pregnant again and I recently gave her a massive bag of really lovely out grown baby clothes (all Gap and Next etc) and didnt expect anything in return for it.
In the words of your own timeline "who needs ......... - you've got a VISA

Good on you for being the grown up. Let them get on with their lives, and look forward to your new excting one.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Not quite the same but the council recycling lorry backed into my brand new car and drove off no witnesses. Broken tail light wing and boot dented. Got quote for damage £70 rear light £199 for wing £199 for boot total £468 not very happy.Wrote to council gave me a ref No and told to contact their insurance company. 3 weeks later insurance company decline claim as council deny responsibility a few harsh words with a few managers told them I WILL meet them and prove them wrong the proof is still on my car O.K. sir was the reply. Had council boss have his lorry back up to my car. Red paint still on my car perfect match. His words "This is defiantly the culprit I will contact insurance company" Now I am £468 better off and car sorted and to rub it in had them pay for hire car whilst mine being being repaired so I don't think you are being ott. Don't back down you know you are right. Good Luck

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Nov 2nd 2005 at 7:32 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:34 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Not quite the same but the council recycling lorry backed into my brand new car and drove off no witnesses. Broken tail light wing and boot dented. Got quote for damage £70 rear light £199 for wing £199 for boot total £468 not very happy.Wrote to council gave me a ref No and told to contact their insurance company. 3 weeks later insurance company decline claim as council deny resporesponsibilityew harsh words with a few managers told them I WILL meet them and prove them wrong the proof is still on my car O.K. sir was the reply. Had council boss have his lorry back up to my car. Red paint still on my car perfect match. His words "This is defindefiantlyculprculprit contact insurance company" Now I am £468 better off and car sorted and to rub it in had them pay for hire car whilst mine being being repaired so I don't think you are being ott. Don't back down you know you are right. Good Luck
Just for clarification, I don't personally agree with this statement, but it was one my old boss was given when he filled his Beamer up at a petrol station. He went in to pay and was asked by the spotty oik behind the counter if he was a hedgehog.

My boss, perplexed asked what the hell he was talking about. The lad had seen he was driving a Beamer and proceeded to say: 'Well do you know what the difference is between a hedgehog and a BMW?'

'No' came the reply.

'Well with a hedgehog the prick's on the outside...'

Needless to say the boss didn't go back there for his petrol!!

R
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:37 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Just for clarification, I don't personally agree with this statement, but it was one my old boss was given when he filled his Beamer up at a petrol station. He went in to pay and was asked by the spotty oik behind the counter if he was a hedgehog.

My boss, perplexed asked what the hell he was talking about. The lad had seen he was driving a Beamer and proceeded to say: 'Well do you know what the difference is between a hedgehog and a BMW?'

'No' came the reply.

'Well with a hedgehog the prick's on the outside...'

Needless to say the boss didn't go back there for his petrol!!

R

LMAO!