NYE in Brisbane

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:06 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default NYE in Brisbane

Do they have a firworks display over the river like they do @ sydney harbour?

i hope so .. we'll be pretty much on our own on NYE and this would be perfect
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:19 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NYE in Brisbane

Originally Posted by cam_uk

Yep....and it's superb.

They set them off from barges on the river itself...and I think the bridge too if I remember correctly.

They have two shows. One at 9pm ish and the other at 12 midnight and you can stop for both or either [some prefer earlier display for the kids, then take them home if tired].

It's packed so most people go for the day, taking an eskey with food and drinks and then find a spot and stay put. Plenty of toilet facilities so no worries.

One thing to remember though, is it will cost you to sit in a pub. They start charging people to enter the pub facilities cos I suppose everyone want to sit there[oooo and no drinking allowed outside of the pubs, officially]

It's a great day/night and the fireworks are set off to music with brilliant effect. Also the public transport is great, allbeit busy so be prepared.

Enjoy!....we did
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:21 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

excellent, every year for the last 8 i've been djing .. so this will be great to be able to spend it with my wife and now our daughter too ... and we'll be in brisbane ... how much better can it get

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:24 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent, every year for the last 8 i've been djing .. so this will be great to be able to spend it with my wife and now our daughter too ... and we'll be in brisbane ... how much better can it get

Not much better m8
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Storey Bridge all lit up

http://jiawei.style.per.sg/gallery/r.../fireworks_011
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

We have fireworks every night!

I'll just go and wind the teenage daughter up.............

You will then get a full show!

WW
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

the-travelling-wilburys is on a distinguished road

Hi,We are off to Brisbane in Jan ( with three kids ) and may rent on the gold coast,though we might end up living in the city.Are you renting first? and if so are , do you know any reasonable ones in good locations.Cheers Mr WILBURY.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:05 pm
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by the-travelling-wilburys
Hi,We are off to Brisbane in Jan ( with three kids ) and may rent on the gold coast,though we might end up living in the city.Are you renting first? and if so are , do you know any reasonable ones in good locations.Cheers Mr WILBURY.
I'm renting until my pr comes thought (going over on a 457 temp visa to start with)

the two sites i've been using to look for rentals are ...

http://www.seqrents.com.au/ (i used this one to fine a furnished rental in central brisbane which is where we are staying until our furniture arrives from the uk)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...ch?a=bhp&t=ren (used the to look at rentals all over the place .. we're going to end up in the bayside area .. possible birkdale)

hope this helps and safe journey
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep they do cam seen the video time adn time and time again.

I want to be there boo hoo
lace xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know these rentals guys can you rent them before you get there. I know this is a silly question-ish but if I knew my flight and I wanted to just go to one of these instead of naffing my sister off and over crowding her house to death could I rent one from over here for when I get there.
cheers Guys

lace x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:32 pm
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by lacey21
Do you know these rentals guys can you rent them before you get there. I know this is a silly question-ish but if I knew my flight and I wanted to just go to one of these instead of naffing my sister off and over crowding her house to death could I rent one from over here for when I get there.
cheers Guys

lace x

I've booked manhatten apartments in newstead, just arranging to send my deposit over ... the place will be ready for when we arrive on the 1st dec
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh right nice one, so you can do this from here then?

Good oh! I was wondering what I was going to do, I want a base for when I get there, I don't want to rely on my sister as she is megga busy and works and stuff. Do you have to rent it for a set time or can you rent it for 3 months, 6 months 2 week?
lol

cheers
lace x
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:39 pm
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by lacey21
Oh right nice one, so you can do this from here then?

Good oh! I was wondering what I was going to do, I want a base for when I get there, I don't want to rely on my sister as she is megga busy and works and stuff. Do you have to rent it for a set time or can you rent it for 3 months, 6 months 2 week?
lol

cheers
lace x
i think it depends on the apartments .. some will allow 1 or 2 weeks ... right up to 6 -12 months

We've booked for 3months while our furniture ships over .. during that time we'll get to know the area and look for unfurnished rentals

try http://www.seqrents.com.au/ for furnished (and unfurnished) rentals
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Awww cheers honey, we are taking nothing with us so I am going to have a look at this.
hugs Lace xx

Not long for you now x