Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for all the 'got its'

Question for all the 'got its'

Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Question for all the 'got its'

I'm interested in people's reactions to this so, to all those who have got 'the' email, what is the very first thing you did after getting the news?
Not how did you feel, but what did you actually do? And did you react how you expected to?
I guess I'd probably ring the other half if he wasn't there or, if he was, we'd open a bottle of champage
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for all the 'got its'

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I'm interested in people's reactions to this so, to all those who have got 'the' email, what is the very first thing you did after getting the news?
Not how did you feel, but what did you actually do? And did you react how you expected to?
I guess I'd probably ring the other half if he wasn't there or, if he was, we'd open a bottle of champage

I cried

Then I posted a thread in here, then went to work and grinned all day
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:34 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I cried

Then I posted a thread in here, then went to work and grinned all day
just one thread ?

Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:37 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I sat here stunned for a few minutes, went and had another look just to make sure, then I posted on here cos Steve was in a location without a phone or any means of contacting him. I then proceeded to be in a daze for most of the day, alternating between grinning wildly to myself and then wanting to cry cos I have to rehome my 2 cats (long story)

Steve did actually phone home about 2 so I told him, then I could tell others so that is what I have been doing this afternoon

Still a bit stunned, happy, scared, and in a little while (hopefully) drunk
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
just one thread ?

Yep, the rest of us poor sod's are still waiting !
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

just one thread ?

On that day yes, I had to work plus my hands were shaking so i couldn't type.

Not a good thing when I worked in a bookies and had to use the PC all day
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:40 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I can tell you in about 4-5 weeks.

Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope I can tell you in about 4-5 weeks.

Aw, I'll miss that

cos.........

I'll be in Oz by then
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:46 pm
Going for a ride

Aw, I'll miss that

cos.........

I'll be in Oz by then

No comment.

@#%&^ *(_)^% *%^^(% &%$% ^*((
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I totally wasn't expecting it as I checked email on Saturday morning so wouldn't have thought agent would have emailed us on a Saturday.

I screamed "We've got it" x 5. Then I bounced upstairs to make sure hubby did actually hear me.

Then I booked our flights within the next couple hours even though our house hadn't exchanged yet
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

well we had just got back from amsterdam.i checked the answer machine as i normally do.Carl went to the bathroom with all the mail in his hand.so we both came rushing out saying weve got it.then we told the kids,husband went to the post office straight away with passsports and then we all had champagne.x Irishbloo.p.s Paul hope you are well and you get your good news soon.xSandra
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:58 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by irishbloo
well we had just got back from amsterdam.i checked the answer machine as i normally do.Carl went to the bathroom with all the mail in his hand.so we both came rushing out saying weve got it.then we told the kids,husband went to the post office straight away with passsports and then we all had champagne.x Irishbloo.p.s Paul hope you are well and you get your good news soon.xSandra
Thanks Sandra.

At least you're more thoughtful than that horrible Wendy, rubbing things in

Hows tricks ? Everything going as planned ?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Sandra.

At least you're more thoughtful than that horrible Wendy, rubbing things in

Hows tricks ? Everything going as planned ?

I'll rub it in anytime you want
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:19 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Called my OH, went to work, came home, got drunk, called in sick
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:20 pm
Going for a ride

I'll rub it in anytime you want

I've got a spare ticket for Robbie in the Amsterdam arena on Wed 21st June. I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.