Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question about Oz police checks

question about Oz police checks

Old Mar 14th 2004, 4:28 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default question about Oz police checks

My partner and I both have to submit police checks for Australia (we're in the UK), and I had a few questions for those in the know:

1. Can we send both our requests together, along with one cheque and one international reply coupon, or do you think we'll have to submit them separately and submit two separate cheques for A$36? It's much easier (and cheaper) just to get one cheque for the total amount but I don't want to confuse them!

2. What's the cheapest way to get an Australian dollar cheque or money order in the UK? Through the bank?

3. This is probably a bit silly (I'm having a blonde moment), but on the first page of the police check request form there is a big white box with a statement saying that the Australian Police can't guarantee that the information covers the correct individual. Then below this statement is a space for a signature and a date, then just below the signature line it says "For Commissioner Australian Federal Police". Am I supposed to sign here, or is that for them to sign???

Thanks!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 4:39 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: question about Oz police checks

Originally posted by saraliz
My partner and I both have to submit police checks for Australia (we're in the UK), and I had a few questions for those in the know:

1. Can we send both our requests together, along with one cheque and one international reply coupon, or do you think we'll have to submit them separately and submit two separate cheques for A$36? It's much easier (and cheaper) just to get one cheque for the total amount but I don't want to confuse them!

2. What's the cheapest way to get an Australian dollar cheque or money order in the UK? Through the bank?

3. This is probably a bit silly (I'm having a blonde moment), but on the first page of the police check request form there is a big white box with a statement saying that the Australian Police can't guarantee that the information covers the correct individual. Then below this statement is a space for a signature and a date, then just below the signature line it says "For Commissioner Australian Federal Police". Am I supposed to sign here, or is that for them to sign???

Thanks!
I went to Barclays for an international money order. They charged me eight quid the bastards!

As for your question 3 I left that bit blank as I thought it was for them to sign. Only posted last week so don't know if I was right or wrong! There was another bit on the second page for me to sign.