Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about Form 80

Question about Form 80

Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:27 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Question about Form 80

Hey there, Im about to complete all the forms etc for my permanent residency...currently trying to fill out form 80 (Personal particulars for character assessment)...Question no 22 is about how many times I have been to australia and when. Well I first came to australia in 97 and I have been here 16 times, surely I cant remember any exact dates etc...what should I write ? Same with question no 23 - trips to countries outside of australia over the last 10 years.....I travelled heaps and I cant recall exact dates etc....im confused, they are asking quite a few ridiculous questions...thanks guys...I´ll be back with more questions later on :-)
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Form 80

Surely entries in and out of Australia will have been stamped in your passport?

We're doing the same thing at the moment and have tracked our movements outside Europe by looking at passport stamps, but within Europe we've had to resort to old diaries (fortunately I have them for 10 years at work) and our memories. I've actually found it quite interesting. I reckon it'll be almost completely accurate, I've just got a week off work in 1998 where I can't yet think where on earth we went (assuming of course we went abroad!).

I don't suppose the foreign trips need to be 100% accurate anyway, I presume they just want to be sure you haven't spent the last couple of years 'training' in remote parts of Afghanistan or things like that.... but they will of course have their own records of your trips to Australia.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:31 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Hey there, Im about to complete all the forms etc for my permanent residency...currently trying to fill out form 80 (Personal particulars for character assessment)...Question no 22 is about how many times I have been to australia and when. Well I first came to australia in 97 and I have been here 16 times, surely I cant remember any exact dates etc...what should I write ? Same with question no 23 - trips to countries outside of australia over the last 10 years.....I travelled heaps and I cant recall exact dates etc....im confused, they are asking quite a few ridiculous questions...thanks guys...I´ll be back with more questions later on :-)
I got all our old passports and recorded the 5 arrival and departure dates. It was hard to track down all the stamps, but they'll be there somewhere.

Are you sure the 2nd part asked for other countries in the past 10 years? I thought it was other countries in the past 5 years... could be wrong though.

Neil.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:54 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Problem is that I got a new passport in february and my old ones are in germany...