Query please

Old May 13th 2004, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

longton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query please

Hi all

This has probably been asked before but, if you are applying for and get a STNI visa, would you become a permanent resident or do you have to wait?

Thanks

Longton
Old May 13th 2004, 1:49 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Query please

Originally posted by longton
This has probably been asked before but, if you are applying for and get a STNI visa, would you become a permanent resident or do you have to wait?
Wait for what? Not sure I understand the context of your question, but our visa was granted based on my successful STNI application, it was granted promptly (that is, once it had gone through the system which took 2 or 3 months as I recall) and it's a permanent residency visa. This is of course not the same as citizenship: a PR visa lets you leave and re-enter Oz for 5 years, after which you can stay indefinitely but once you leave you can't re-enter; instead you have to apply for citizenship (or perhaps you can extend the PR visa? Dunno. Anyone?)

Hope that helps

Mark
Old May 13th 2004, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

longton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply, that covers it.

Regards

Longton
Old May 13th 2004, 5:04 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Query please

Originally posted by longton
Hi all

Thanks

Longton

Nothin to do with ure thread but..... ure name

anythin to do with Longton in Stoke on Trent......????

Sorry if i'm wrong

love boomie
xx