Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

quensland construction

quensland construction

Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice
Question quensland construction

hi there again
can someone point me in the right direction please.
looking to move brisbane area end of 2009 but not sure where to go.
we want 2 start planning things house schools etc but need 2 know where 2 settle with reguards 2 work. im a chippy and want 2 carry on in this trade but need to know where the major house building works are being carried out.
ive looked on other threads but couldnt seem 2 find what im looking for.
many thanks paul.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:18 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: quensland construction

If you have read all the other threads I am not going to repeat

You could try calling a couple of the major contractors such as Mirvac and asking them what they have going - they have two major works currently in brisbane I know, one must nearly be finished.

Get a list of major builders in each area and ring them I would and also ask on here what builders people work for and add them to the list.

Vivienne
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:03 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
Get a list of major builders in each area and ring them I would and also ask on here what builders people work for and add them to the list.
Why just the major ones? Surely if they are looking for work, the smaller builders would be a good bet to try too. They are always looking for new labour.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

basically i want to know where there is alot of house building going on so can settle in the region so not having to travel an eternity to do a good days work
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:08 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie rara
hi there again
can someone point me in the right direction please.
looking to move brisbane area end of 2009 but not sure where to go.
we want 2 start planning things house schools etc but need 2 know where 2 settle with reguards 2 work. im a chippy and want 2 carry on in this trade but need to know where the major house building works are being carried out.
ive looked on other threads but couldnt seem 2 find what im looking for.
many thanks paul.

http://www.brisbanebuilding.com.au/d..._id=&keywords=

This lists most of the builders/developers and suppliers in Brisbane. I can recommend quite a few off the list because they frequently get their hardware/timber/architectural supplies from where I work.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:09 am

basically i want to know where there is alot of house building going on so can settle in the region so not having to travel an eternity to do a good days work
How long is a piece of string? Building/renovating is happening all over Brisbane and surrounds.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Why just the major ones? Surely if they are looking for work, the smaller builders would be a good bet to try too. They are always looking for new labour.
Just because he said major works, and hes in britain so I thought he may get information on projects planned in the future where a smaller builder may work just months ahead.

Try everyone I meant
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
http://www.brisbanebuilding.com.au/d..._id=&keywords=

This lists most of the builders/developers and suppliers in Brisbane. I can recommend quite a few off the list because they frequently get their hardware/timber/architectural supplies from where I work.
great link BLOKE gives me somewhere to start.
didnt want to move and then find out work is 4 hours away.
which companies can you recomend if any ?
many thanks charlie rara
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:07 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Yo might want to check the recent post 'BRICKIES IN QUEENSLAND'.........

I totally agree with everything he says. Please if you have work in the UK don't give it up unless you have work set up here, it is REALLY tight here at the mo.

Partner is a plumber and 5months in still no work......i wish we could arrive in 2011 instead!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Yo might want to check the recent post 'BRICKIES IN QUEENSLAND'.........

I totally agree with everything he says. Please if you have work in the UK don't give it up unless you have work set up here, it is REALLY tight here at the mo.

Partner is a plumber and 5months in still no work......i wish we could arrive in 2011 instead!
for sure . doing ok here considering the way thing are but def not moving until work is sorted.
5 months is a long time for no work. couldnt take it myself , looking outside at the frost / snow / miserable people walking about but guess the sun helps ???
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

stevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nice

for sure . doing ok here considering the way thing are but def not moving until work is sorted.
5 months is a long time for no work. couldnt take it myself , looking outside at the frost / snow / miserable people walking about but guess the sun helps ???
the sun doesn't pay bills mate! you can get benefits in uk, here you watch your savings going down fast! expensive sun bathing here with no work.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:39 pm

please no - not another doom and gloom thread - bring back the "i got drunk last night" thread.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:48 pm

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by viviennef
please no - not another doom and gloom thread - bring back the "i got drunk last night" thread.

I got drunk last night! .....with no money in my pocket
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:49 pm

Drowning my sorrows!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:28 pm

see I knew there was some happiness somewhere

At least christmas is out of the way and we are moving towards March. We are still adjusting after 6 years because we moved around so much and each time cost us a fortune.

We have been in the SC for about 2 years I think and its coming together but Jan - March I just juggle my bills and hope noone cuts me off before I get to them.

The bloody speedcops at the end of my street though are doing their best to stop it - you would think I would learn but it is impossible to go 50 on that road.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.