Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Written Driving Test

Queensland Written Driving Test

Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Question Queensland Written Driving Test

Has anyone taken it, and if so..is it easy??
I'm running out of time (I must take it before friday) and have very little time to study the road rules book!!
Are the questions multiple choice??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Tanya
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Written Driving Test

Hi Tanya
It's multi choice test, I think about 35 questions. You'll have to go through the sample questions in the book though, i reckon. Good luck!
J
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi Tanya
It's multi choice test, I think about 35 questions. You'll have to go through the sample questions in the book though, i reckon. Good luck!
J
Hi Jenny,

Do you have to get 100 % correct to pass?
Tanya
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi Jenny,

Tanya
I think you're allowed 2 or 3 wrong'ns. I got 1 wrong! I took mine years ago, but I'm pretty sure it's stil the same deal.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:53 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenny,

Tanya
first part is on give way, you can get 1 wrong out of 10
second part is on general driving, you can get 2 wrong out of 20

the test is not difficult, but you do need to know the specifics for driving in Queensland, and things like parking distances may crop up.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
first part is on give way, you can get 1 wrong out of 10
second part is on general driving, you can get 2 wrong out of 20

the test is not difficult, but you do need to know the specifics for driving in Queensland, and things like parking distances may crop up.
Great, thanls for that....may attempt it later today :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:56 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Great, thanls for that....may attempt it later today :scared:
there is a testing centre in kippa ring, just behind the peninsular fair shopping centre,
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:02 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Tanya, here on online practice test from RACQ

http://www.free2go.com.au/index.cfm?...acticetest.cfm
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by datamile

Cool - I failed - but then I haven't read the book yet. Good Luck Tanya.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:43 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

I have an australian driving liscence from perth it ran out this year, we are coming out to the gold coast in dec do we have to take our theory test again?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:53 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little miss reub
I have an australian driving liscence from perth it ran out this year, we are coming out to the gold coast in dec do we have to take our theory test again?
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...estion1#change

According to this... no
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone taken it, and if so..is it easy??
I'm running out of time (I must take it before friday) and have very little time to study the road rules book!!
Are the questions multiple choice??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Tanya

Hi Tanya, I suggest you have a go at these online tests. I did them for weeks before i went for my test, and still found that I had to have a stab at a few questions, luckily in my favour.

The first part are "Give Way" questions. If you just keep in mind the "give way to the right rule", you should be ok with these. You are allowed 1 wrong out of 10. The second part is general knowledge and you are allowed 2 wrong out of 20.

If you don't pass the first time, you are allowed to go back the next day. It costs about $16.50 per go.

Good luck

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?TerID=192#

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...knowledgetest/
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

scallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nice

My OH was in the same position last week. She crammed for about 2 hours then took the test.
Test is 2 parts and you're allowed 1 error in part 1 and 2 in part 2.
First part was about right of way, various scenarios, and multi choice answeer on who gives way to whom. Second part was signs, parking distances etc.

She got 100%, and reckons there was nothing to worry about .
Just think through your choices and don't rush because there are a couple of similar answers w
hich are almost right as well as the correct answer.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that...I got 2 wrong (but apparently still passed)....mmmm
I think U should study some more...heheh
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scallyuk
My OH was in the same position last week. She crammed for about 2 hours then took the test.
Test is 2 parts and you're allowed 1 error in part 1 and 2 in part 2.
First part was about right of way, various scenarios, and multi choice answeer on who gives way to whom. Second part was signs, parking distances etc.

She got 100%, and reckons there was nothing to worry about .
Just think through your choices and don't rush because there are a couple of similar answers w
hich are almost right as well as the correct answer.
ugh..I have to take 2 kids under 4 with me....should be fun trying to concentrate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.