Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Driving Test

Queensland Driving Test

Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Queensland Driving Test

I was speaking to someone yesterday regarding driving licences in Queensland and that person was adamant that it is necessary to take a proper driving test, behind the wheel and all that! I always thought you only had to pass a written theory test. I am also told that if you fail the test you are not allowed to drive again at all until a test is passed!

Can this be true?! :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Driving Test

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I was speaking to someone yesterday regarding driving licences in Queensland and that person was adamant that it is necessary to take a proper driving test, behind the wheel and all that! I always thought you only had to pass a written theory test. I am also told that if you fail the test you are not allowed to drive again at all until a test is passed!

No it's rubbish.

Bog standard car licence you just need to do the theory. Costs about $16 a go. If you fail one day, just go back the next and have another go. Don't have to book. I finally passed mine this morning

Only if you want heavy goods licence do you need to do a practical as well.

Your someone was winding you up.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No it's rubbish.

Bog standard car licence you just need to do the theory. Costs about $16 a go. If you fail one day, just go back the next and have another go. Don't have to book. I finally passed mine this morning

Meant to add, you do (in theory) need to get the Aussie licence within three months of arriving on a PR visa or technically you are driving illegally. But presumably that only takes effect if you get picked up for something.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Manx,
Here's the QLD driving book if you want to swot up in advance.....
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...drive_yourkeys
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Bix
Manx,
Here's the QLD driving book if you want to swot up in advance.....
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...drive_yourkeys
Make sure you know the give way rules inside and out. They take no prisoners on that section
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you know the give way rules inside and out. They take no prisoners on that section
Yeah that's the bit to swot on. most of the rest is common sense. Passed mine first time
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yeah that's the bit to swot on. most of the rest is common sense. Passed mine first time
Show off.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Show off.
I took 3 goes at the English one but don't tell anyone
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:34 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

You can try this page for practice if your want to. At the bottom of the page is a learners test, really helpful

Cheers,

Miranda

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...ivers/1465.asp
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

No it's rubbish.

well done you have sent you some k hope its not a dud!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, learn the give ways inside out as you are only allowed to get one wrong on that section. The rest may be comon sense but I think the test I got also had the distances you are allowed to park behind and in front of bus stops so you do need to learn the rest in case you get such a specific thing.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by manxfamily

That applies if you do not already hold a recognised licence. for example: you are a Learner driver.

Some sample QLD test questions at: Your keys - answers to sample questions PDF

Many of us fail the 1st theory test, but I can't recall anyone being told not to drive after that. I wasn't

With the theory test, READ the questions carefully, make sure you understand the question properly. Some can be easy to get wrong due to that point alone. (or was it just me ? )

Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. They confirm just what I though. I shall be questioning my information supplier.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 3:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
You can try this page for practice if your want to. At the bottom of the page is a learners test, really helpful

Cheers,

Miranda

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...ivers/1465.asp

Be careful as there are slight rule differences between states.
I used the NSW online tests for practice but there were a few differences with Queensland rules.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 4:32 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Looking forward to the test!!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.