Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland crime rate falls 3%, Gold Coast rate increases

Queensland crime rate falls 3%, Gold Coast rate increases

Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:37 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland crime rate falls 3%, Gold Coast rate increases

Are his and hers matching gold lame trackies still the rage in the GC. So many crimes against fashion there.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:38 am

I thought you QLDers were too busy making a fortune doon pit.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I was speaking to some policemen the other day (no, not like that) and they were saying how bad it is getting. There is even an increasing in break-ins/scamming around here, and this isn't exactly the glitter strip.

Bugger that job for a laugh.

Economic conditions + Unemployment + Drugs isn't a good combination.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Are his and hers matching gold lame trackies still the rage in the GC. So many crimes against fashion there.
The Gold Coast we know with it's beautiful hinterland, good weather, fantastic choice of homes, schools ,family orientated lifestyle etc is so different from the perceived view of people who live elsewhere.

Many locals will have been nowhere near the glitter strip or the less than salubrious suburbs that seem to be giving the press a field day in years.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:00 am

Meter maids anyone?
Originally Posted by neil248
The Gold Coast we know with it's beautiful hinterland, good weather, fantastic choice of homes, schools ,family orientated lifestyle etc is so different from the perceived view of people who live elsewhere.

Many locals will have been nowhere near the glitter strip or the less than salubrious suburbs that seem to be giving the press a field day in years.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Meter maids anyone?
Surely no one objects to meter maids, just very difficult to fully appreciate them when the mrs is standing next to you.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:00 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil248

The GC is a great place to live Neil, but I feel you are being a bit naive in assuming that if you live in a 'nice' area / suburb that the crime wave will pass you by.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 10:29 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
The GC is a great place to live Neil, but I feel you are being a bit naive in assuming that if you live in a 'nice' area / suburb that the crime wave will pass you by.
The GC covers a huge area and crime happens everywhere in Aus. Should people be afraid to live their lives just in case something happens to them? Not sure what your point is mate
Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
The GC covers a huge area and crime happens everywhere in Aus. Should people be afraid to live their lives just in case something happens to them? Not sure what your point is mate
Well what I find odd about the attitude is the writing off of places like Pac Pines and Coomera as crime ridden hell holes and the expectation that things like that will happen there. To me these are ordinary residential suburbs...if the crime was concentrated around Surfers and Southport I'd find that more understandable...but for people to say well if you stay away from Pac Pines you'll be fine...I just find that odd!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:43 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Well what I find odd about the attitude is the writing off of places like Pac Pines and Coomera as crime ridden hell holes and the expectation that things like that will happen there. To me these are ordinary residential suburbs...if the crime was concentrated around Surfers and Southport I'd find that more understandable...but for people to say well if you stay away from Pac Pines you'll be fine...I just find that odd!
People aren't daft mate -they'll make their own minds up. This site is great for info but opinions are based on personal experience and sometimes one person's reality is not another persons reality

The best advice is to always take everyone's opinion with a pinch of salt and go see for yourself
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's simply pointing out to Neil that living in a 'salubrious' area won't necessarily exempt them from crime.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I think he's simply pointing out to Neil that living in a 'salubrious' area won't necessarily exempt them from crime.
yep crime happens to rich and poor in areas rich or poor. Everyone knows that so still not sure what the point was unless it was to point out what people already know
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

yep crime happens to rich and poor in areas rich or poor. Everyone knows that so still not sure what the point was unless it was to point out what people already know
It was a simple reply to a comment. Not every post needs to have a point, if it did BE and every other discussion board would be completely buggered.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It was a simple reply to a comment. Not every post needs to have a point, if it did BE and every other discussion board would be completely buggered.
yep very true
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:45 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

In times of economic stress the GC will suffer, it's no brainer, it attacted POM's which bought a larger house than thought could be possible in the UK in the late naugties, now the rebalance is taking place, the Blackpool in the sun is suffering. But there is no free lunch, you pay for what you get...

I love the Gold Coast, i love Surfers, but i love to live with the "get bye's", whereas i am not sure all would settle for what i would....I work in the public trade, whereas, i would not want to live on the Gold Coast if i wanted my kids to get a good education to prosper in life, i would choose the Uk, maybe the home counties.....

You don't get the big house, the swimming pool, the great education for your kids when you work as an adminstrator for the local council....
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by carling black label
In times of economic stress the GC will suffer, it's no brainer, it attacted POM's which bought a larger house than thought could be possible in the UK in the late naugties, now the rebalance is taking place, the Blackpool in the sun is suffering. But there is no free lunch, you pay for what you get...

I love the Gold Coast, i love Surfers, but i love to live with the "get bye's", whereas i am not sure all would settle for what i would....I work in the public trade, whereas, i would not want to live on the Gold Coast if i wanted my kids to get a good education to prosper in life, i would choose the Uk, maybe the home counties.....

You don't get the big house, the swimming pool, the great education for your kids when you work as an adminstrator for the local council....
There are a fair number of Brits here but just as many if not more Aussies, Kiwis etc etc so bit confused by your comments. As for education, my kids and their friends have received/are receiving an excellent education thank you very much. I don't have a big house, it's bigger than my old UK one though, I do have a pool and my kids have the good education, this is from working in a public trade. I guess we all see things differently. Don't understand how most of your comments relate to the crime statistics but no worries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.