Reload this Page >

Queensland costal towns?

Queensland costal towns?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

In Essex is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Queensland costal towns?

Hi

Just wondering which are nice costal towns to live in Queensland?

I am looking for a town that's not too humid or hot, not overly expensive to buy property in and has a nice homely feel to it.

Not sure if I am asking for to much but I will be coming over to Aussie in May/June on a reccie trip and was hoping to have a good idea of town's I would visit prior to flying over.

The town needs to have good school ( for the kids), good shopping ( for the wife) and great beaches, bars and water sports for me .

Please help

Thanks

H
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

kochie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland costal towns?

Originally Posted by In Essex
Hi

I am looking for a town that's not too humid or hot, not overly expensive to buy property in and has a nice homely feel to it.

Not sure if I am asking for to much but I will be coming over to Aussie in May/June on a reccie trip and was hoping to have a good idea of town's I would visit prior to flying over.

The town needs to have good school ( for the kids), good shopping ( for the wife) and great beaches, bars and water sports for me .

Please help

Thanks

H

Hi, I live in Cairns and love it. It does get a bit hot and humid for a few weeks in the height of summer, but the rest of the time is perfect. Within a short drive from Cairns you can be up in the Highlands and much cooler. We helped someone relocate hear recently who bought a house in Kuranda; hundreds of metres above sea level and in the cooler rainforest and only half and hour from Cairns.

Check our website (see my profile) and let us know if we can assist with anything else.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:06 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do for work ?

Hi

Please help

Thanks

H
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Please help

Thanks

H
Yeppoon www.capricorncoast.com.au
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:49 am
Just Joined

kochie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
What do you do for work ?
I was working on a mine site until just recently as Safety Supt. There are lots of fly-in fly-out jobs in mining with coastal town in Qld as the point of hire. I have had enough of the FIFO lifestyle so have now returned to Cairns permanently to concentrate on other business activities.

Last edited by Sue; Mar 28th 2007 at 2:56 am. Reason: URL removed. Please read our site rules. Thank you
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

flower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really niceflower33 is just really nice

Hi

Please help

Thanks

H
Hi Caloundra, is great it has everything you want. Only hour and half away from brisbane and only 30 mins from Noosa and coolum. I love caloundra as its got lovely beaches, great water sports. Housing is reasonable and the schools are good. The weather has been hot an humid on some days but the majority of it has been just lovley warm sunny days.

I have lived here for over a year now and i cant believe how lucky i am, i travelled to rocky for a weekend but it wasn't for me, i coudn't wait to get back.

Good luck with the choice you make.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Apparently Tasmania would fit the bill just nicely...

Hot & humid?? That's why people come to QLD. No cold winters and big heating bills.

WW
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:53 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Apparently Tasmania would fit the bill just nicely...

Hot & humid?? That's why people come to QLD. No cold winters and big heating bills.

WW
NO Just really hot summers and stupid costs for running the air con
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Hi

Please help

Thanks

H
Cleveland, Ormiston, Wellington Point all very nice! That is where we think we will settle. Not too far from Brisbane, an hours drive to the Gold Coast.
Old May 4th 2007, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

MrPJB is an unknown quantity at this point

We are off to Wellington Point around Sept, went out for a reccie earlier this year and it's a lovely place.. Of course I haven't had to live there yet ...

Paul
Old May 4th 2007, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Nodge is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Cairns and the place is fantastic, the only thing I'm struggling with is bagging a full time job on a permanent basis at the moment.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
NO Just really hot summers and stupid costs for running the air con
nah ye dinnae need aircon in Qld....we have it in out house only had it on one night
Old May 4th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Please help

Thanks

H
Hi, the place i would suggest is Yeppoon, what cn i say its 8 hrs from brizzy by car, 1 hr by plane 35 mins from Rockhamton city. You drive over the hill, kepple island infront of you, beaches are fanatstic, sea breeze keeps you cool, we are onthe capricorn line on the map so we are tropical but humidity is good withsea breeze. have a look on the net. \we were here on a recce two years ago, drove from melbourne to yeppoon and back down again. soon as we saw yeppoon we know this place is for us. Town is small homely and paradice as far as we are concerened. speak soon
Old May 5th 2007, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by 1234gav
Hi, the place i would suggest is Yeppoon, what cn i say its 8 hrs from brizzy by car, 1 hr by plane 35 mins from Rockhamton city. You drive over the hill, kepple island infront of you, beaches are fanatstic, sea breeze keeps you cool, we are onthe capricorn line on the map so we are tropical but humidity is good withsea breeze. have a look on the net. \we were here on a recce two years ago, drove from melbourne to yeppoon and back down again. soon as we saw yeppoon we know this place is for us. Town is small homely and paradice as far as we are concerened. speak soon
you forgot to mentuion the best bit ME lol
Old May 5th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flower33
Hi Caloundra, is great it has everything you want. Only hour and half away from brisbane and only 30 mins from Noosa and coolum. I love caloundra as its got lovely beaches, great water sports. Housing is reasonable and the schools are good. The weather has been hot an humid on some days but the majority of it has been just lovley warm sunny days.

I have lived here for over a year now and i cant believe how lucky i am, i travelled to rocky for a weekend but it wasn't for me, i coudn't wait to get back.

Good luck with the choice you make.
DITTO But 1 half hours to brsibane what do you go on a bicycle i can do it in 50 mins

Last edited by raven; May 5th 2007 at 5:36 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.