Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old May 22nd 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

teljohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by sals
Does anyone know WHY they are slow at getting the job offers out?
It seems to be business as usual ambulance service style, QAS use that recruitment company and I can only guess that the comms between the two of them are poor. Good things come to those who wait (ha ha). I think keep nagging them though, I have sent many an email asking about progress of my application.
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:48 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Emailed them Sunday night, got a we've sent your email to the appropriate person to deal with, please get in touch if no one has contacted you in 24 hours! So looks like I'll be up at stupid o'clock ringing them!
More than I got!! In fact I didn't get anything
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know WHY they are slow at getting the job offers out?
Cos its Queensland.....you get used to it!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sla453
More than I got!! In fact I didn't get anything
Oh I'm lucky then as I got another email back this am saying I'm suitable for employment. This is nice to know lol. They said it had been passed back to QAS for vacancy matching in my area of choice? Didn't manage to get hold of anyone early this am. Will see if I get reply to my email, if not will try ringing again.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teljohn
Also, have any of you that have started with QAS got children? Did you sort out schools before you went or is it easy to get a place for them once you are in the country. We will be in Sunshine Coast region and it looks like there are loads of schools to choose from but how do I know if they are any good from a website.

Another question, about mobile phones, can you get a contract phone or do you have to have pay as you go? Whats the rough cost to get a phone and get connected.
Hi there, new to this forum, we are also going to the Sunshine Coast - my husband starts on the July induction.

We have been told he will be based somewhere between Caloundra and Noosa and are planning to base ourselves in Buderim. I have been recommended Mountain Creek State High School and also Matthew Flinders Private school. So will be going to see both- have emailed both but only got reply from mountain creek. Our kids are 18 (going to uni there) 16 and 12, all really excited. Now its so close - the jitters are setting in - would rather just be there now getting on with it. PM me if you want to find out how we get on with schools etc.

Fific
Old May 26th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Hi all,
Had email from QAS, hurrah.
Sure everyone will be getting same but briefly says
Questionaires re visa and immigration next week, once returned job offers. Should only take few weeks to complete.
Inductions for this year 16th July, 3rd September, 29th October
Old May 26th 2007, 1:54 pm
skye

Hi Sals - can you forward me the email!!! thanks!

Old May 26th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skye
Hi Sals - can you forward me the email!!! thanks!
of course will send it now x
Old May 26th 2007, 2:59 pm
skye

Thanks! - looks like a few weeks wait again! - dont get looking at the postie he may get ideas!

Old May 27th 2007, 4:16 am
Danny Kay

Danny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant future

God I wish it was the same in Melbourne they have passed all my quals and i have permanent residency but have to wait untill August to see if i have passed there tests and then if i have they will offer employment late November ready for me to work Xmas and New year I dont mind that its the red tape and how slow things move over here.
The longer i am not doing the job i have done for 18 yrs the rustier i will get tried explaining but it makes no difference.
Old May 27th 2007, 6:16 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
Had email from QAS, hurrah.
Sure everyone will be getting same but briefly says
Questionaires re visa and immigration next week, once returned job offers. Should only take few weeks to complete.
Inductions for this year 16th July, 3rd September, 29th October

Got mine too!!
Old May 27th 2007, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi, does anyone know what the score is regarding driving licences in Queensland? A friend of mine is off to NSW ambo service and he said that to drive an ambulance there he has to get a 'light rigid' licence which will cost him $700 AUD and for his normal driving licence he just has to exchange it at an Aussie DVLA centre within 3 months of arriving for $40 AUD and he gets his aussie licence, no practical or theory tests. Is this the same in Queensland?
PS Just got my first bit of visa paperwork yesterday. It's only taken 6 months!
Old May 27th 2007, 4:06 pm
skye

Originally Posted by teljohn
Hi, does anyone know what the score is regarding driving licences in Queensland? A friend of mine is off to NSW ambo service and he said that to drive an ambulance there he has to get a 'light rigid' licence which will cost him $700 AUD and for his normal driving licence he just has to exchange it at an Aussie DVLA centre within 3 months of arriving for $40 AUD and he gets his aussie licence, no practical or theory tests. Is this the same in Queensland?
PS Just got my first bit of visa paperwork yesterday. It's only taken 6 months!
When did you have your interview?..... six months....... OMG!

Old May 27th 2007, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, tell me about it. I actually went over there in December 06 and did my interview, which to be honest wasn't to bad. But ever since being formally offered the job ( in April 07) the comms has been very poor. Don't know if i have been unlucky or if it just the sheer number of applicants. But reading between the lines it seems the same old story of too many chiefs and not enough indians. I usually phone them when i'm on nights and get passed from pillar to post trying to get a straight answer. I just keep telling myself to be patient cos all good things come to those who wait!!
Old May 27th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skye
When did you have your interview?..... six months....... OMG!
OMG exactly! well I'll just have to live with the old folks til it's sorted. Maybe I can save loads of money for my new life. With nowhere permanent to live at least I won't have a mortgage and bills to pay lol

sla glad to hear it, maybe we'll all have more info when the questionare etc comes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.