Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:34 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Originally Posted by Centurion
I really dont see how anyone has been insulted here.

People have bothered to come here and post messages of sympathy to a tragic event in your life. If anyone is being insulting, frankly its you of our intelligence.

I appreciate that you are going through a terrible time but perhaps you need to consider your motivation for coming to this board at all if you cannot accept other peoples thoughts and comments which are bound to be different than your own.

That said I do hope that you don't leave.
Think she is talking about a couple of threads in the Barbie from today, not this one.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Thank you so much for that, put my mind at rest.
My girl will not eat her dinner without a tin of tuna over it!! We brought up a stack of tuna on the first day to Byford and it was no problem, in fact they even rang me to tell me they were running out and not to forget to bring more. When I did the girl said 'Oh, you brought smaller tins then your husband, will she be O.K?, at least i knew they cared!
Tracie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know anything about the quarantine station in Perth?

I am keen to know which foods they offer the cats because my cat eats wet food.

Someone said they feed them Iams which I would not want my cat fed that, he cant tolerate it anyway.

Im wondering if I can request a certain diet for him.
You can request a certain food but you have to give it to them. I found Byford very good with my dog. She did loose her bark for a few weeks but she didn't loose weight or seem upset in any way. In fact she was quite fat from lack of exercise.
Tracie
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:02 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
Think she is talking about a couple of threads in the Barbie from today, not this one.
What's the point? When the mods are back online, they'll delete the entire thread anyway as the OP has requested it, even the it was the OP who was in the wrong in the other threads.
I would have really liked the opportunity to respond to certain misconceptions about it is common practice in Australia for pets to be left outside in all weathers. None happened to mention that 99.9% of dogs are housed in kennels or some kind of shelter when outside, given beds or rugs to sleep on, or sleep under the house. Only a very small minority do not look after their pets properly.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 2nd 2008 at 8:35 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

pendleman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I would have really liked the opportunity to respond to certain misconceptions about it is common practice in Australia for pets to be left outside in all weathers. None happened to mention that 99.9% of dogs are housed in kennels or some kind of shelter when outside, given beds or rugs to sleep on, or sleep under the house. Only a very small minority do not look after their pets properly.
I agree! Its frankly wrong to suggest that aussies generally are bad pet owners.
As a pom I certainly wish to disassociate myself from such a suggestion.
Remember this is from someone who has just come from a civilised country which has only just banned the 'sport' of using packs of dogs to rip apart another (wild) dog and then smear the dead dogs blood across the face of some of the new hunters (well allegedly that's what is said to be done??). Is that what all brits are like? No!... of course not!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:48 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
You can request a certain food but you have to give it to them. I found Byford very good with my dog. She did loose her bark for a few weeks but she didn't loose weight or seem upset in any way. In fact she was quite fat from lack of exercise.
Tracie
The only thing is, Gordon arrives in Perth on 5th March and we dont get there till late afternoon on 8th March.

I shall give them a ring and see what can be sorted.

Thank you for your post though, really put my mind at rest.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.xxx
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

The only thing is, Gordon arrives in Perth on 5th March and we dont get there till late afternoon on 8th March.

I shall give them a ring and see what can be sorted.

Thank you for your post though, really put my mind at rest.
Look if it helps I dont mind popping up with some food to last Gordon for a few days till you get here. I dont know what cat food they sell here TBH as I'm a dog girl but if they have what you want I'll pick up a few tins/packets and drop it in for you. I finish work for 6 weeks next week so have lots of time on my hands
Tracie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Look if it helps I dont mind popping up with some food to last Gordon for a few days till you get here. I dont know what cat food they sell here TBH as I'm a dog girl but if they have what you want I'll pick up a few tins/packets and drop it in for you. I finish work for 6 weeks next week so have lots of time on my hands
Tracie
Oh Tracie that would be brilliant!

Gordon eats Whiskas complete cat food and I think I just need to find an alternative to 'Felix' pouches/trays by Purina.

I shall do my research today and get back to you.

Thank you again.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh Tracie that would be brilliant!

Gordon eats Whiskas complete cat food and I think I just need to find an alternative to 'Felix' pouches/trays by Purina.

I shall do my research today and get back to you.

Thank you again.
No problem just let me know. I'll have a look in woolies at the weekend as well.
Tracie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

hope this helps it did with our loss http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:43 am

No problem just let me know. I'll have a look in woolies at the weekend as well.
Tracie
Someone said Purina have products there and it may well be called something else. Ive emailed Purina to ask them and we shall see what they say.

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Someone said Purina have products there and it may well be called something else. Ive emailed Purina to ask them and we shall see what they say.

O.K just PM me the name in case I miss the post.
Tracie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:12 am

O.K just PM me the name in case I miss the post.
Tracie
No probs!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i think we could PP, at eastern creek. wish we had of done now, as she was ill whilst there and they wanted to call out a vet. we put it down to stress, becasue she had been in kennels in the UK previously fro two weeks, then two weeks at my parents then shipped to the other side of the world and put in a place for a month. reading things on here though makes me wonder if it was the food they had given her. she is a boxer, a breed well known for delicate stomachs. i am sure we could have done, but my argument was, how do you know they will give it her?
My dogs are fed BARF or RAW diet (which originated in Oz) but I believe they (Eastern Creek) all get a Pedigree Advance diet there. My girls have never eaten processed food EVER, they were weaned onto RAW and are 3rd generation I have had to be fed in this way...

My dogs go to Overhill in 1 hour and I am so worried about them...

Sorry- rant needed by me too...
Cathy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.