Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Jodie

You have made me cry !!!! This will be my girl on Friday.

But not our Syd, my sweet gentle boy so full of life.

Give her a big hug from me.

Alliekate xxxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say we did not experience anything like what everyone else did, we were given a direct telephone number to our cat's carer and our dog's, we hoped our cat would lose weight as she was fat, but alas she was still fat on coming out. Our dog who is a lucher so naturally thin ish was still fine, maybe a little lost weight. We were advised that unsless we could come every other day at least not to bother visiting as it distresses them to much. However I had heard some horrible tales before coming as was very worried.

Quarantine is never nice whatever as they are isolated from other dogs except their own family if any. Horrible for them but necessary. Unfotunately incoculations still doesnt mean an animal doesnt carry the bug or get the bug.

I cant imagine what you are going through. I would hate to lose any of my animals in whatever circumstance. I would wait until the results are in before kicking up a fuss, but if it is proven to be down to neglect or such then make sure you take them to the cleaners. I would also consider an outside autopsy if the results are favourable to the station.

Jo
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:39 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd second the good treatment of our dog in Sydney and our personal experience of the handlers.

I'm certainly not taking anything way from a very sad time, but lets not all jump on the blame culture bandwagon here.

Fact is, that our beloved pets, will pass away - as we will. Sure, you want to know why in this most unpsetting time.

I would hate for this thread to frighten some people from importing the dog to share their new lives and it should remembered how thousands of animals pass with no issues through quarantine every year.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold

Sounds mad, but I have found the perfect song for our boy-

"Now We Are Free" from the Gladiator soundtrack.

I can see him bounding about in that corn field. Wish I was there to throw his ball ( which he'd lose hopelessly anyway.......)

A xxx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:46 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Really sorry to hear about your dog,

We visited Eastern creek and were not impressed, our cat was on medication which we provided in his crate but they said he did not come with any medication when we said it was in his crate they sent somebody to have another look at sure enough there it was.

When our dog came out she had sores on her legs and kennel cough which she has never had before.

What also surprised us is we were able to take in and out of the quarantine station brushes, leads and food so much for trying to prevent cross contamination
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i think we could PP, at eastern creek. wish we had of done now, as she was ill whilst there and they wanted to call out a vet. we put it down to stress, becasue she had been in kennels in the UK previously fro two weeks, then two weeks at my parents then shipped to the other side of the world and put in a place for a month. reading things on here though makes me wonder if it was the food they had given her. she is a boxer, a breed well known for delicate stomachs. i am sure we could have done, but my argument was, how do you know they will give it her?
Well Ive checked and they have Whiskas complete in Australia, I just cant find Felix trays/pouches which is the only meat he eats.

I dont like complete dry cat food, my old cat would always be over the water bowl when he was in Iams and got bladder crystals on two occasions. And when I worked for a few months in a feline renal clinic, lots of the cats that had bladder/kidney problems happened to be fed only on a complete dry diet.

Probably a coincidence but Gordon didnt get on with complete food either so I don't want it forced on him.

If there is anyone in Perth that knows what kind of canned cat food is available that would be great.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:26 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Well Ive checked and they have Whiskas complete in Australia, I just cant find Felix trays/pouches which is the only meat he eats.

I dont like complete dry cat food, my old cat would always be over the water bowl when he was in Iams and got bladder crystals on two occasions. And when I worked for a few months in a feline renal clinic, lots of the cats that had bladder/kidney problems happened to be fed only on a complete dry diet.

Probably a coincidence but Gordon didnt get on with complete food either so I don't want it forced on him.

If there is anyone in Perth that knows what kind of canned cat food is available that would be great.
Our cat has to have wet food due to simular problems, the quarantine station only provides dry food as standard so we provided them with wet food which we had to buy from a local shop and give to them to use.

We have not seen Felix food over here, the main foods are Purina 'Fancy Feast', Masterfoods 'Dine', and 'Whiskas'.

Purina make Felix in the UK so Fancy feast over here maybe the same stuff.

Last edited by Simba; Jan 2nd 2008 at 11:30 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Centurian-

I would never have come here without my beloved dogs, and I am the first to admit that Syd probably had a fatal condition - even tho seven vets did not pick up on it.

I would hate anyone to be parted from their pet because of our experience.

I mean this most sincerely. It could have happened anywhere, anytime. It's just what we have gone thru since the day he died (and Eastern Creek DO have some responsibility for that) that hurts.

Run free Syd. a xxx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simba
Our cat has to have wet food due to simular problems, the quarantine station only provides dry food as standard so we provided them with wet food which we had to buy from a local shop and give to them to use.

We have not seen Felix food over here, the main foods are Purina 'Fancy Feast', Masterfoods 'Dine', and 'Whiskas'.

Purina make Felix in the UK so Fancy feast over here maybe the same stuff.
Gordon arrives in Perth on 5th March and we arrive on 8th, I might ask if they have any wet food that they can perhaps offer him until I can get him something.

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Does anyone know anything about the quarantine station in Perth?

I am keen to know which foods they offer the cats because my cat eats wet food.

Someone said they feed them Iams which I would not want my cat fed that, he cant tolerate it anyway.

Im wondering if I can request a certain diet for him.
We pulled up outside during our reccie, looked small and tucked away in nice quiet area, saw kennel maid sat with dogs which was nice. A friend has just enquired about feeding her dog other than the 'Advanced' offered, which they have said isn't a problem if it's available in Aus - it said this on the kennels webpage as well - hope this helps
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc
We pulled up outside during our reccie, looked small and tucked away in nice quiet area, saw kennel maid sat with dogs which was nice. A friend has just enquired about feeding her dog other than the 'Advanced' offered, which they have said isn't a problem if it's available in Aus - it said this on the kennels webpage as well - hope this helps
Thank you so much for that, put my mind at rest.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Please can you close this thread. My dog(s) - my kids- any animals are too important to be insulted.

I will not be back. Alliekate.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

MODERATOR - PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. THANKYOU.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Hi so sorry to hear about Sydney, this was a terrible shock for you. we re- homed our two beautiful staffs June 2007, I miss them dearly and question daily if we have done the right thing. I have never heared of a pet to die in quarentine, but then it's not something that they would broad cast. we need to know from pet owners. I share your grief, and I pray that you will have answers\ so that you can move on in your grief, as you come to terms with your loss of Sydney. Sydney was obviously loved very much, carry that love in your heart.

NICKNIC
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:12 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alliekate
Please can you close this thread. My dog(s) - my kids- any animals are too important to be insulted.

I will not be back. Alliekate.
I really dont see how anyone has been insulted here.

People have bothered to come here and post messages of sympathy to a tragic event in your life. If anyone is being insulting, frankly its you of our intelligence.

I appreciate that you are going through a terrible time but perhaps you need to consider your motivation for coming to this board at all if you cannot accept other peoples thoughts and comments which are bound to be different than your own.

That said I do hope that you don't leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.