quarantine

Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

barb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quarantine

We are going to take our dog with us to Perth and would like to know what experience anyone had with sending your dog from the uk to OZ and what were the kennels for the quarantine like? who would be the best firm to use? We have a large Rhodesian ridgeback who is just a big baby when he isnt with us so please help as we are soooo worried about him.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 2:20 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: quarantine

We sent our 2 boxers. Dont worry, he will be fine.
The kennels are not luxurious but they are fine.

Remember 100's of dogs are flown in and out of Oz each week.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Ours went out, came back and going back again next month. We are using Petairs seem fine. Wouldnt worry too much..
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Ours went to Estern Creek Sydney and they were lovely there. We couldn't go to see her whilst she was there because of distance but they give us updates by phone. Really nice and ours seemed to enjoy it. She's a big sook.

Mx
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

We used Petair without any problems.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Wuppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Barb?

We shipped out two Rotties from the UK, last August. Unfortunalty our elderly girl passed over almost three weeks ago:-( At least she had a lovely summer in the sun, she enjoyed that:-)

Our dogs were in quarantine in Melbourne, so I don't know what Perth is like but they were well looked after and we were allowed to visit them twice a week. They were very well looked after and were very happy:-)

I used a company called air supply shipping, they were very good and supplied the aircrates. Our largest dog, is I think crossed with a Rottie x Mastiff, she had a huge flight crate!

Good luck

Wuppy
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Perth's quarantine is ok, our dog was well looked after there. They kept a close watch on her weight as she is naturally a thin dog (part whippet). What time of year are you hoping to be here? We arrived in January and it was very hot for her, as the quarantine is further inland.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by barb123
We are going to take our dog with us to Perth and would like to know what experience anyone had with sending your dog from the uk to OZ and what were the kennels for the quarantine like? who would be the best firm to use? We have a large Rhodesian ridgeback who is just a big baby when he isnt with us so please help as we are soooo worried about him.
Hi - Perth is an absolutely lovely quarantine station - it is also the only one where you are allowed (subject to paddock availability) to take your pet out every weekday. Julia, who runs the station, is incredibly kind and goes out of her way for dogs and owners alike. It does get booked up though so I would reserve as far in advance as you can. We have just had two young Ridgebacks (a one year old and a two year old) through there and they are doing really well. Gandalf actually gets liberated next week!

The other stations are good too but I am commenting more on Perth as that is where you said you were going.

Very best wishes for your move!

Karen
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by barb123
Was the biggest worry for me taking our 4 dogs but they have been here since May and all is good.

The quarantine never bothered me as have lots of friends here who have imported a puppy or friends in UK who have exported a puppy so knew the quarantine care was good. Ours went into Sydney who were first class, we visited as well which really helped 'us'. We visited the quarantine at Perth about 2 years ago on our reccie (we didn't know where we wanted to be then) it's a much smaller quarantine but was good, no worries there.

The flight freaked me out for months/years before! as it went it went like clockwork, we used Overhills (www.overhills.co.uk) who are great and would use them again if we import a puppy. Our 4 dogs were £4900 shipping, that included a couple of days at Overhills as they like them to settle, then they do last vet checks and take them to airport and track them for you.

The bloods that you do in the month before, will stress you I'm sure but just remember when you go for vaccanations in UK don't have the Lepto part of the jab. One of my dogs failed one of the tests (there are 4 tests) she had it again and passed, it was the Lepto part and I hadn't had it for 2 years before we came but she's 13 years so we put it down to her having a build up of it in her system. The kennels were great and would have had her there, and just kept putting her through it. My nerves would have been in shatters but...

I'd suggest ringing a few pet shippers and going with who you feell happiest with. I rang a couple of others and just didn't feel happy with them but it's personal choice.

It'll be fine, can honestly say care all the way through was first class.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

We have a 5yr old border collie who has just come out of Perth quarantine 2 weeks ago . The shippers we used from England were Golden Arrow Shippers they were very good i would recommend them.
The quarantine staff were excellent with our dog [ shes really soft lol ]. We phoned them and Emailed them and they are very helpful .
When we arrived we went to visit her ,she was happy and well looked after, we also got to have time with her and play with her [ you get your own pen as they can`t mingle with other dogs ] .
It is well worth shipping your animal over .