Quality THUNDER

Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Quality THUNDER

Well we went to take a few of our belongings up to our apartments that we will move into this week on the Gold coast. After doing this took a walk around Surfers and while having a bite to eat a really impressive thunder and lightning show erupted and continued for quite a while even after visiting friends in Robina and then following it on our drive back to Brisbane. Even the lightning is great over here
Old Oct 24th 2005, 3:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quality THUNDER

Originally Posted by karenjc
Well we went to take a few of our belongings up to our apartments that we will move into this week on the Gold coast. After doing this took a walk around Surfers and while having a bite to eat a really impressive thunder and lightning show erupted and continued for quite a while even after visiting friends in Robina and then following it on our drive back to Brisbane. Even the lightning is great over here
Sounds fab, love thunder storms did you manage to get any pics??

oo forgot to add, all the best in your new home
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:02 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am petrified of thunder (unless I am with ppl and then I am fine) But England just doesn't do Thunder storms like they do in Australia! I remember one year (during summer) we had 7 nights in a row of horrific thunder storms! No one slept in our house! Which was just as well...as I went into my parents room and sat up through the bleedin thing! *cough* it was ok though, I was young at the time. Well ok 21!

Susan
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:09 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I am petrified of thunder (unless I am with ppl and then I am fine) But England just doesn't do Thunder storms like they do in Australia! I remember one year (during summer) we had 7 nights in a row of horrific thunder storms! No one slept in our house! Which was just as well...as I went into my parents room and sat up through the bleedin thing! *cough* it was ok though, I was young at the time. Well ok 21!

Susan
They are frightening and fantastic at the same time, brilliant to watch
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it was cool last night - excellent forked lightning and rained a lot too thank goodness. The lawn will look better for it and we need the water badly.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:21 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder and lightening shows are awesome here, specially in the hot summer humid months ahead.

Yesterday was so humid and muggy, we all speculated on a storm.

At about 4 the clouds became thicker and the breeze picked up.

The breeze is your early warning system here, just before a big storm hits, the breeze picks up and you can hear the trees.. its really quite exciting.

As the storms approach, the animals go quiet and birds stop singing...

Then BANG the thunder hits with such violent force its scary, we last night witnessed a neighbourin property get hit.

The sound was so scarey, and was followed by the lightening dance which brisbane is famous for.

The storm out our way lasted about 2 hrs, and we made sure all appliances, tv computers etc were unplugged, (inc modem lines and aerials ) as we watched the fire engines thru the family room wndow, make their way to our neighbours.

I will pop round later and have a reccy

Steve
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:29 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

While crossing the nullabor plain years ago in my old kombi there was a thunder storm out at sea , to far away to hear the thunder but it was about 3 flashes a second on the horizon for like half an hour , Awsome stuff

I love watching the sky in the outback too loads of shooting stars and satellites over head
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:16 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it was a bit of a Monster storm here last night. We just made it home after walking to the shops. Didn't realise there was a strom warning in place until people started running out of their houses and putting carpet's, foam mattresses and cardboard boxes on their cars to protect from the hail.

We also discovered that last weeks hail cracked a skylight when water started pouring in last night. It was cool though to sit out the front and watch it.

Paul.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:53 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I like a good storm but that was pretty scary last night I live near the Brisbane CBD and it lasted from 6.30pm till 10pm here. A lightening bolt hit some power lines outside my flat :scared: there was a huge bang, sparks and all the power blew!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by diddy
Yep, it was a bit of a Monster storm here last night. We just made it home after walking to the shops. Didn't realise there was a strom warning in place until people started running out of their houses and putting carpet's, foam mattresses and cardboard boxes on their cars to protect from the hail.

We also discovered that last weeks hail cracked a skylight when water started pouring in last night. It was cool though to sit out the front and watch it.

Paul.
Do the hail stones really do this or are you exagerating? :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:09 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Have a look at this

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...0/s1480718.htm
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:16 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funkybuddah

No exaggeration. This picture is of the hail in Helensvale last week. The NRMA actually set up an emergency vehicle damage assessment centre for their clients to drive to the a school and have the damage assessed and claims sorted - there were stacks.

Paul.
Attached Thumbnails Quality THUNDER-hail_0591_1.jpg  
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:30 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

The bits of rain we have had in the last couple of weeks & the warmth has finally made the grass grow again, I noticed this morning how beautifully thick & lush it is now in our yard, its been green, but not particularly nice up until now.

Hope everyone has their mowers sorted & ready for summer .
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
"orange size" and "8cm" were the reports from Laidley. I dont think a brolly would be of much use!

Last nights approached Brisbane as a "V" shaped that seemed to close up over the city. Then the lights when out....

Currently, I think tonights will be even better. The wind is right, humidity is high and the thunderheads have plenty of altitude and 'fluff'.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.shtml

Might just go and get the life jacket out....

WW
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:01 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Yep, severe thunderstorm warnings in place for SE Qld.

Paul.

And they've just confirmed on the radio that we expecting another hail storm.

Last edited by diddy; Oct 25th 2005 at 2:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.