Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quality of life.

Quality of life.

Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quality of life.

Bet they take some effort to pedal.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Thank you Caroline. Much appreciated
Ditto - k sent

Cas
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:46 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
One of the things we are really looking forward to is exploring and discovering new places. I love just getting on my bike (pedally bike that is ) and heading off somewhere. Ususally with a picnic in my backpack and Mrs M lagging behind somewhere.

Sounds like you've found the perfect spot for you pooch anyway.
That's the beauty of living here Wayne. You can find somewhere different and equally as beautiful every time you go out

Any chance you're coming to Brissy? There's a lovely park I know about and I've got a lovely Springer that's as good as gold when attached to a bike....and especially good when there's a picnic in the offering

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

That's the beauty of living here Wayne. You can find somewhere different and equally as beautiful every time you go out

Any chance you're coming to Brissy? There's a lovely park I know about and I've got a lovely Springer that's as good as gold when attached to a bike....and especially good when there's a picnic in the offering
Yes Brissy - hopefully by June / July this year.

Can your springer pull 2 bikes at once then? I'd quite happily let him share the picnic. Though I've heard that springers don't like to share.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think, that it is possible that someone from Australia born and bred, who started to have a hum drum type life, in their late 30's could benefit from a life changing and enviornment changing migration to England ?

I realise that such a change forces people to look inwards and around them, and some people never reach that kind of thought pattern.

What about say someone In london, that gives up all he has known, to go and live in a commune in cornwall, they can reach the same conclusion and life changing patterns as most on here.

I'm putting these thoughts out for some of the people reading this in England, one can change ones outlook on life without having to migrate. Migration is intrinsically materilstic, because one has to have qualifcations and the means to do so.

I think that the thoughts put forwards on this thread, are more the result of one being forced to look inwards, and take stock of what is important, which migration tends to do. Point is there are plenty of Aussies here that feel the same way as you did in England.

Apologies for turning all ethereal on you, but I think most people at a certain age, get these feelings, one can appreciate the finer things without having to migrate.

The bottom line is, It's easier to feel better here, and that is a materilest concept.

(what the p...ck is in my beer tonight lol)
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:14 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Yes Brissy - hopefully by June / July this year.

Can your springer pull 2 bikes at once then? I'd quite happily let him share the picnic. Though I've heard that springers don't like to share.
Oh blimey. So you're coming to Brissy.Good for you. You'll love it here I'm sure! [Yorkshire lad aren't you?]

Now then...can a Springer pull two bikes?....Is the pope Catholic

Springer's spring and have so much energy.....she'll get to the park before you've even set off m8

And you're right...they don't like to share. But I can always pack her a picnic tha knows

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Oh blimey. So you're coming to Brissy.Good for you. You'll love it here I'm sure! [Yorkshire lad aren't you?]

Springer's spring and have so much energy.....she'll get to the park before you've even set off m8

And you're right...they don't like to share. But I can always pack her a picnic tha knows
Yup, Yorkshire born and bred (well, just about anyway).
We can't wait to get there now. I know it was only a holiday but we loved Brisbane when we were there last year.
We're all sold up and living with the in-laws so as soon as we get those stamps in our passports, we'll be off!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:30 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Yup, Yorkshire born and bred (well, just about anyway).
We can't wait to get there now. I know it was only a holiday but we loved Brisbane when we were there last year.
We're all sold up and living with the in-laws so as soon as we get those stamps in our passports, we'll be off!
Had you been here b4 then Wayne or just once on holiday? Was it different to what you imagined?

Bit different from Yorkshire...that's for sure innit

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do you think, that it is possible that someone from Australia born and bred, who started to have a hum drum type life, in their late 30's could benefit from a life changing and enviornment changing migration to England ?

I realise that such a change forces people to look inwards and around them, and some people never reach that kind of thought pattern.

What about say someone In london, that gives up all he has known, to go and live in a commune in cornwall, they can reach the same conclusion and life changing patterns as most on here.

I'm putting these thoughts out for some of the people reading this in England, one can change ones outlook on life without having to migrate. Migration is intrinsically materilstic, because one has to have qualifcations and the means to do so.

I think that the thoughts put forwards on this thread, are more the result of one being forced to look inwards, and take stock of what is important, which migration tends to do. Point is there are plenty of Aussies here that feel the same way as you did in England.

Apologies for turning all ethereal on you, but I think most people at a certain age, get these feelings, one can appreciate the finer things without having to migrate.

The bottom line is, It's easier to feel better here, and that is a materilest concept.

(what the p...ck is in my beer tonight lol)
Fireeaters post suggested that there are lots of different life-changing experiences - emigrating being just one.
It is up to individuals to assess whether they are happy with their lot in life, but without mind-broadening experiences that can be difficult for many as they don't have the relevant reference points to judge by.

I agree that australia makes it easier to feel better, but that wasn't my point - I didn't emigrate to australia in search of self-awareness, I left England because I'd had enough of the place - if you like, the self-awareness came before.
After just a short time - I love it here.

I do not agree that emigrating is intrinsically materialistic - rather spirtualistic and can be life-affirming - for me.

It is how you use the skills you have obtained that is relevant - I gained my skills years ago, when i was feeling rather different to how I feel now.

Of course I am only talking for myself.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

Had you been here b4 then Wayne or just once on holiday? Was it different to what you imagined?

Bit different from Yorkshire...that's for sure innit
Yeah very different to Yorkshire!
We hadn't been before we decided to emigrate. The trip last year was fact-finding and making sure I guess. Also had a job interview (had already had a phone interview the week before) and got down to the last 2 but they wanted someone to start pretty much immediately, which I couldn't.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:38 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Yeah very different to Yorkshire!
We hadn't been before we decided to emigrate. The trip last year was fact-finding and making sure I guess. Also had a job interview (had already had a phone interview the week before) and got down to the last 2 but they wanted someone to start pretty much immediately, which I couldn't.
Was it what you expected?

BTW....if you were down to the last 2 re jobs...then you'll not have a prob finding a job here. You must have been good to get that far!

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

No, they don't like to share, so you can have mine. He will quite happily pull you... into canals, bushes, mud, trees, oncoming traffic...

But it is exciting.

But really springers are the greatest, I promised myself I wouldn't get one here, after I left Jack back in the UK. And then what do you know, Mrs JTL spotted a springer in the Animal welfare league in queensland called 'Jock'. If that isn't fate I don't know what is.

So we've got a nutter springer again, I didn't think I could find a stupider happier dog that Jack... but we did.

So if you need a pull some time, and a swim in a canal with a bike and a dog, give me a shout,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Was it what you expected?

BTW....if you were down to the last 2 re jobs...then you'll not have a prob finding a job here. You must have been good to get that far!
Don't you write nice posts ?
Cas
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:47 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
No, they don't like to share, so you can have mine. He will quite happily pull you... into canals, bushes, mud, trees, oncoming traffic...

But it is exciting.

But really springers are the greatest, I promised myself I wouldn't get one here, after I left Jack back in the UK. And then what do you know, Mrs JTL spotted a springer in the Animal welfare league in queensland called 'Jock'. If that isn't fate I don't know what is.

So we've got a nutter springer again, I didn't think I could find a stupider happier dog that Jack... but we did.

So if you need a pull some time, and a swim in a canal with a bike and a dog, give me a shout,

Cheers,
JTL
I noticed your piccie JTL......and I did wonder as he looks different than Jack

Is this one a Welsh Springer and your other an English Springer?

They are the dopiest, friendliest, hapiest "everyones my buddy" dog in the world aren't they

Once you've had a Springer....it's hard to imagine any other best mate isn't it

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:48 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Don't you write nice posts ?
Cas
Awww bless you Caroline. Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.