Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qualifications get the go ahead

Qualifications get the go ahead

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Default Qualifications get the go ahead

Hi all
Just had the qualification assessment back from the AASW with the all clear. Had the email to say that they had arrived in Aus on 11/02, and we were told they would take 2 weeks. Confirmation letter arrived this morning I suppose that we had better shift our butts and get the visa application together. Got the X-ray and medicals on Friday, hope there not as intense as worzel's.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:47 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Qualifications get the go ahead

Originally Posted by Ian_H
Hi all
Just had the qualification assessment back from the AASW with the all clear. Had the email to say that they had arrived in Aus on 11/02, and we were told they would take 2 weeks. Confirmation letter arrived this morning I suppose that we had better shift our butts and get the visa application together. Got the X-ray and medicals on Friday, hope there not as intense as worzel's.

Hi Carol and Ian,
Great news getting positive assessment. If you are getting meds done at The Parade, Shell said they are very slack. The Four Elms are very thorough.
Hope this helps and good luck with meds today. PM me and let me know how you got on.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 4th 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Qualifications get the go ahead

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Carol and Ian,
Great news getting positive assessment. If you are getting meds done at The Parade, Shell said they are very slack. The Four Elms are very thorough.
Hope this helps and good luck with meds today. PM me and let me know how you got on.
Hugs
Sarah
Cheers Sarah,
We are getting our meds done at the parade, we are front loading so we are also going to Bupa for our X-Rays today. We will let you know how things go, fingers crossed. Hope it isn't as intense as some of the meds described on this forum!!

How are things going with you, any news? i can't believe Shel has gone, she will be landing in Singapore soon, lucky thing. We are soo slack, we really need to move ourselves, but it is difficult when both Ian and I have so much on in work. Life doesn't stop, so we having to pay people to help bring the house up to scratch!!

Anyway l will stop moaning, Speak soon
Carol
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ian_H
Hi all
Congrats on getting the positive AASW results, Brisbane isn't that big so if you end up in the department of child safety we will prob bump into each other.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave, Tracy & Emily
Congrats on getting the positive AASW results, Brisbane isn't that big so if you end up in the department of child safety we will prob bump into each other.
Hi all, we still have alot to do as we haven't put the house onthe market yet and this will hold us up. It's still surreal really that is why we are slow, but if we committe ourselves we are hoping to get to Oz by July.

Can you explain the jobs that are entailed in child safety, and what line of work you do. As this still new to me, so all info will be appreciative.
Cheers Carol
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

At the moment I am doing advice and assessment, which mainly intails child protection work. This is the main role of the child safety team. If you look on their website, you can download a job discription and application form. There next recruitment drive is in May. Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point

All the best for your medicals. We had ours down in the Parade back in 2003 - and then had the x-rays down in BUPA. The medical was fine - if a little odd - I thought they would call us (me and partner) in separately, but we went in together and had all the tests done in turn, I can't say it's anything to work yourself up about. My other half had us blood pressure taken 3 times until it was at the right level. But, make sure you ask the radiologist when you go for the x-rays if they are Ok. We automatically thought they would tell us if something was wrong - but they didn't. We didn't find out until a fortnight later that my partner had a TB scar on his! Imagine the panic when the Dr rang up to say they had found something on the x-ray. It all turned out well, and he has just been for his all clear medical, almost 2 years after we got here we finally managed to get round to it.
We are coming back for a holiday in May - I hope it's a bit warmer there then. Then off on our next move from Perth to the Sunshine Coast.
All the best and you'll love it when you get here!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bella3
All the best for your medicals. We had ours down in the Parade back in 2003 - and then had the x-rays down in BUPA. The medical was fine - if a little odd - I thought they would call us (me and partner) in separately, but we went in together and had all the tests done in turn, I can't say it's anything to work yourself up about. My other half had us blood pressure taken 3 times until it was at the right level. But, make sure you ask the radiologist when you go for the x-rays if they are Ok. We automatically thought they would tell us if something was wrong - but they didn't. We didn't find out until a fortnight later that my partner had a TB scar on his! Imagine the panic when the Dr rang up to say they had found something on the x-ray. It all turned out well, and he has just been for his all clear medical, almost 2 years after we got here we finally managed to get round to it.
We are coming back for a holiday in May - I hope it's a bit warmer there then. Then off on our next move from Perth to the Sunshine Coast.
All the best and you'll love it when you get here!
Hi Bella,
That's reassuring!! What is it like living in Perth, and what takes you to the sunshine coast? It nice to hear that people actually enjoy living in Oz,alot ofthe threads are negative. It is therefore off putting, and we wonder whether we are doing the right thing!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave, Tracy & Emily
At the moment I am doing advice and assessment, which mainly intails child protection work. This is the main role of the child safety team. If you look on their website, you can download a job discription and application form. There next recruitment drive is in May. Good luck with it all.
I need to get used to the different terms in the social work field in oz, I heard that it is less stressful work compared with the uk or is it just wishful thinking?! I will have a look on the website, although we won't be fortunate to be able to get to oz before may!! Let us know how you get on when you arrive at the sunshine coast!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Dont need to be there in May, they will still hold your application until you arrive, they just do a specific recruitment drivetwice a year May and November. SW is just as stressful, same problems just better weather. The department has just gone through a big change following an inquire.