Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QS/ Contract Administrator Jobs

QS/ Contract Administrator Jobs

Old Jun 5th 2014, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Livethedream88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QS/ Contract Administrator Jobs

Hi all, new here. Currently a QS with a contractor in UK. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the demand for QS' over there just now? I have friends in Perth amd Melbourne, but none of them are aware of the market for my profession.
I see plenty job ads for contract administrators, but anyone I have emailed for info hasn't replied.

Happy to take my chances and jump on a plane and try my luck at a job over there, but I would like to at least know my % chance of gainful employment!! Ha!

If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2014, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QS/ Contract Administrator Jobs

Do you already have a visa?
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Livethedream88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not done anything about a visa yet, bermudashorts. Just starting the ball rolling with things just now.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Livethedream88
Not done anything about a visa yet, bermudashorts. Just starting the ball rolling with things just now.
It is usually better to get the ball rolling with visa rather than jobs. Unless there are particular shortages in your occupation (which is rare), you won't get a look in without a visa.

I am afraid you will have to wait for someone else to come along who can comment on the degree if shortages, as I do not know, however your lack of response, perhaps indicates not.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Hi LTD,

Yes there should be work for QS - there has been a bit of a slow down but I think you guys are still in demand. - not sure about Melbourne and Perth.

If you are young and happy to fly-in/fly-out and not too fussy about where you want to live - I mean go to where the work is you should be fine.

Some companies would take you on as a 457 visa - QS were on the demand list when we came in 2010. Any of the QS I have meet so far have been from overseas (not australian).

Hope this is of some help.

Poitin
Old Jun 9th 2014, 7:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Resources is on the slow down so there are a lot of people coming on to the market from all the projects coming to an end and its going to get worse for the next year or so. BHP announced another 200 jobs to go today even. You would be competing with quite a few already here on the market with Australian experience.

Depends on your background QS/CA is relevant to the industry = eg oil/gas, mining, building, construction.