Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qld written driving test

Qld written driving test

Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Qld written driving test

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Well done you!!!

Great news

Oh.....and now that you can drive....can you give me, Ceri and JTL a lift then
back seat drivers lol - we'll do her head in. Hubby can't stand me as passenger either when he is driving lol
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Well done you!!!

Great news

Oh.....and now that you can drive....can you give me, Ceri and JTL a lift then
Only if you wear your 'special' white jumper with the straps
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReed
Passed the test today ! Despite JTL and Ceri completely doing my head in - thanks guys. I didn't take a steering wheel in, but I did turn the paper around so that I was 'sitting' in the car in question - good tip. Anyway, I am having to be humble because Mr Reed failed again . Now he is really pissed off and whinging on that not only has he not found a job, but he has also failed his driving test - oh dear.
Phoenix - you can cancel that white van because I can drive my own now. Just need JTL and Ceri in the back in case I come across a complicated junction
Rachel x
Congrats Rachel ! I obviously didn't confuse you enough yesterday

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just need JTL and Ceri in the back in case I come across a complicated junction
Rachel x
I don't think you really mean to say that! Imagine the two of them arguing which way to go, JTL drawing up yet another diagram, Ceri complaining not being able to see, and then Ceri pulling out one of her lovely wallaby/roo poo souvenirs to keep JTL under control...

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:29 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Ceri
back seat drivers lol - we'll do her head in. Hubby can't stand me as passenger either when he is driving lol
Poor girl would end up driving right over the roundabout....like summat out of a Benny Hill show

RR....I've had special white cardi's knitted for JTL, Ceri and me..... and only YOU will have the keys to the handcuffs

Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't think you really mean to say that! Imagine the two of them arguing which way to go, JTL drawing up yet another diagram, Ceri complaining not being able to see, and then Ceri pulling out one of her lovely wallaby/roo poo souvenirs to keep JTL under control...

Mrs JTL
Wallaby thank you very much, now get it right lol .. one is big hoppy thing the other is a smaller hoppy thing , I have the smaller hoppy things

you could also hang them from the rear view mirror, makes a nice change from the usual air freshners and furry dice lol
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Poor girl would end up driving right over the roundabout....like summat out of a Benny Hill show

RR....I've had special white cardi's knitted for JTL, Ceri and me..... and only YOU will have the keys to the handcuffs
Actually I have been stopped by the police (when I was 18) for driving right over a roundabout. I had spotted the police car in my rear-view mirror and was so busy looking at it I bumped straight over the roundabout. Had a car full of drunk mates who found the whole thing hysterical. Especially when the police officer asked me why I had just driven over a roundabout, and I told him he had distracted me. He wasn't so amused
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:56 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

I also need to do the test soon as I've been in Brisbane for almost three months.

The book has some sample questions about driving heavy vehicles - I'm guessing that I don't need to learn that section as it only applies if you're applying for a heavy vehicle licence. Can anyone confirm that's true. I'd hate to turn up for my test and find loads of questions about driving a road-train!

Cheers

GLR
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GLR
I also need to do the test soon as I've been in Brisbane for almost three months.

The book has some sample questions about driving heavy vehicles - I'm guessing that I don't need to learn that section as it only applies if you're applying for a heavy vehicle licence. Can anyone confirm that's true. I'd hate to turn up for my test and find loads of questions about driving a road-train!

Cheers

GLR
You are correct. If you are going for the ordinary driving licence, you just need to learn the car stuff.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by GLR
And if you don't get it done within 3 months.............

Just keep on trying till you do But don't get stopped by the cops !!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by GLR

Cheers

GLR
no lol ,or the bike questions either, that's if you haven't got a uk bike licence that is - some easy extra questions for that one.

cheers

If you're not PR, or citizen , and you're on a temp Business visa etc you don't have to do within three months. you can drive on your Brit licence
.................................................. .................................................
Or if you can't be bothered for years either after becoming PR ( ignore this one, as it's illegal! , but illegalities are just a little hitch in life )

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 13th 2005 at 6:22 am.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:31 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Passed the test today ! Despite JTL and Ceri completely doing my head in - thanks guys. I didn't take a steering wheel in, but I did turn the paper around so that I was 'sitting' in the car in question - good tip. Anyway, I am having to be humble because Mr Reed failed again . Now he is really pissed off and whinging on that not only has he not found a job, but he has also failed his driving test - oh dear.
Phoenix - you can cancel that white van because I can drive my own now. Just need JTL and Ceri in the back in case I come across a complicated junction
Rachel x

A belated well done to you Rachel. Congrats. You will be able to drive us to the pub when we arrive!!!

Shelley xx
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

FAILED on the give way section! Only consolation is that we both failed. Will try again tomorrow. Arse
Do you still have to do the written test? Bugger!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Shelley.
Glitterbabe - yes you do still have to take the written test... every five years :scared:

Rachel x
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:05 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

FAILED on the give way section! Only consolation is that we both failed. Will try again tomorrow. Arse
Hi RReed, Sorry to hear that you failed your test but I am sure you will do it next time. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions if I may? Me and hubby are moving to Queensland next year and I want to do my test as soon as I get there. Is it similar to our theory test? Can I get a book to study the differences in road rules etc? Hope you can help me.
Thanks
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.