Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QLD Safety Cert (Roadworthy) - Oil leaks ??

QLD Safety Cert (Roadworthy) - Oil leaks ??

Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:07 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QLD Safety Cert (Roadworthy) - Oil leaks ??

Anyone know if a bit more than the odd drip falling from the sump will fail a Roadworthy ?!

Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Default Re: QLD Safety Cert (Roadworthy) - Oil leaks ??

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Anyone know if a bit more than the odd drip falling from the sump will fail a Roadworthy ?!

Cheers
64 views and not a comment...

Why DID I say 'cheers' ...
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:18 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
The rwc will fail on oil leak if it has sprayed onto the under body of the car and the tyres, also if it drips infront of the person doing the rwc then it will fail, when we did rwc alot of people clean down the oil and then present it for rwc, with fingers crossed
but it always down to the garage and the person doing the rwc
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Trevski
The rwc will fail on oil leak if it has sprayed onto the under body of the car and the tyres, also if it drips infront of the person doing the rwc then it will fail, when we did rwc alot of people clean down the oil and then present it for rwc, with fingers crossed
I hear you, thanks

157 ...
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

I hear you, thanks

157 ...
Did you get the RWC in the end? I need to put my car through this week and don't know where to start. From what I have read oil leaks will cause a problem. Going by the lack of info and debates on BE I can assume it's a rather painless experience
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Trevski
Do recommend anyone for doing RWC, no oil leaks, clunks or knocks on this car so I am hopeful for quick pass.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:00 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Any oil leaks or excess oil on the engine means the car will fail its 'roadworthy' in Qld. It's more stringent than the British MOT
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gmralston
Did you get the RWC in the end? I need to put my car through this week and don't know where to start. From what I have read oil leaks will cause a problem. Going by the lack of info and debates on BE I can assume it's a rather painless experience
I did.

The guy was pretty thorough with brakes, seat belts, steering and stuff, but I guess a bit lenient with the oil leak (s)

Will PM you.