Reload this Page >

QLD - Gold Coast areas to live.

QLD - Gold Coast areas to live.

Old May 21st 2022, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Portarlington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QLD - Gold Coast areas to live.

Good Day British Expats,

I'm considering a move to QLD, I'm very drawn to The Gold Coast! I'd initially rent a property with a plan to buy/build. I'd be looking at a very modest 3 or 4 bed house and I have a budget of around $750,000. I'd like to be within a short drive to the beach (20 mins ish). Can you recommend any good areas and homebuilders? I'm a registered Nurse and would look at work in the Gold Coast Hospitals.

Thank you!
Old May 23rd 2022, 10:44 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD - Gold Coast areas to live.

Originally Posted by Portarlington
I'd like to be within a short drive to the beach (20 mins ish).
Being 20 mins from a beach is a bit like being 20mins from a coffee chop in Melbourne (assuming your not going it in peak hour traffic)
Old May 24th 2022, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Portarlington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
Being 20 mins from a beach is a bit like being 20mins from a coffee chop in Melbourne (assuming your not going it in peak hour traffic)
Thank you for responding. Can you recommend any areas to live?
Old Jun 24th 2022, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

2kidsandadog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! The best suburbs that for your parameters are pacific pines/
helensvale which are about 10-15 min from the university hospital and very family oriented areas. Daycares and schools are great.

and further south id look at robins and Merrimac close to robina hospital. Also lovely family’s areas and within your budget - probably slightly more expensive in the south.

from both places you can get to the beach in 20 mins.

stay away from pimpama and upper coomera and nerang areas- you’ll see they are cheaper but they are the rough parts with more crime, and a bit further out hence the cheaper price.