Qbsa

Old May 6th 2004, 10:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qbsa

Does anyone have dealings or have done dealings with the Qbsa.

I need a contractors licence, and have emailed both Tafe And Qbsa on requisites for a licence, but the info back is somewhat conflicting.

Any help muchly appreciated
Old May 6th 2004, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

QBSA turned down my job application, but I guess thats not the sort of dealings you're after
Old May 6th 2004, 10:46 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
QBSA turned down my job application, but I guess thats not the sort of dealings you're after

Nope POLLY lol,

I need a friggin contactors licen(s)e to install stuff over Au $1100 , apparently Qld is only state that requires this...

And Qbsa are pretty limited in their requirements stating,, having completed or attaing recognition of a skill, and completing some managerial course, but thats IT! no more info apart from some cash formalities etc...
Old May 6th 2004, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You almost need a licence to breathe over here - never known a place with so much red tape!
And I wish I'd had a camera to take a pic of the look on The Bloke's face the first time I said I could wire a plug!!! Total horror as he muttered "you can't do that, you need an electrician"

Can't help you with building regs I'm afraid....though I've got another application in for a job at QUT (university of technology) - if I get that I might be able to find something out!!!
Old May 6th 2004, 12:22 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Pollyana
You almost need a licence to breathe over here - never known a place with so much red tape!
And I wish I'd had a camera to take a pic of the look on The Bloke's face the first time I said I could wire a plug!!! Total horror as he muttered "you can't do that, you need an electrician"

Can't help you with building regs I'm afraid....though I've got another application in for a job at QUT (university of technology) - if I get that I might be able to find something out!!!

Your telling me, a friend went for a bar job, and needed a heath and safety certificate, plus managerial experience, and show qualifications in maths !!

Omg its scarey, i went into Bunnings, bought some plywood, and a guy said, please can you use the trolley, we arent insured should you break ur back !

Pmsl
Old May 6th 2004, 12:25 pm
Banned

Hi, someone posted Au $11,000 for QBSA well ur post suddenly disappeared, its $1100

BSA currently licences builders and trade contractors in many different classes of licence including those listed below. A licence is required if an individual or company wants to carry out or supervise building work over the value of $1100 (including labour and materials), or wants to carry out or supervise work of any value in the following areas:

* Plumbing and Draining

* Gas Fitting

* Pest Control

* Completed Building Inspection

* Fire Protection

* Residential Design, Building Design and Interior Design
Old May 10th 2004, 8:44 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Timber, that was me. SNAFU'd on info so I deleted. I work for a hardware business that deals with small and large tradesmen/companies and thought I'd double check with one of our field reps that deal directly with them. Unfortunately he couldn't help very much other than to tell me that you'd have to see QBSA. Also he told me it is very hard to get licence nowadays and that you would have to have trade history in Oz (QLD) for between 6 and 12 months before you could apply ( to the best of his knowledge UK trading don't count). Seems like a catch 22 situation.

Cheers!
Old May 10th 2004, 8:54 am
Banned

Originally posted by The Bloke
Sorry Timber, that was me. SNAFU'd on info so I deleted. I work for a hardware business that deals with small and large tradesmen/companies and thought I'd double check with one of our field reps that deal directly with them. Unfortunately he couldn't help very much other than to tell me that you'd have to see QBSA. Also he told me it is very hard to get licence nowadays and that you would have to have trade history in Oz (QLD) for between 6 and 12 months before you could apply ( to the best of his knowledge UK trading don't count). Seems like a catch 22 situation.

Cheers!

What kind of harware business are you in ??

Noticed you are a wannabe race driver.

My best mate, an aussie in Brisbane, has a Barracuda, he says is the best in Queensland, possibly Australia, he does hot rodding, and runs a company that modifies cams and stuff, if you need any help or want his contact info ask and ill pm ya

And on the subject of hi speed hot rod street cars, why do aussies talk in Kilowatts at the wheels, its so annoying !
Old May 10th 2004, 9:07 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Why kilowatts? 'Cos Australia is metric and the kilowatt is a metric unit.
Plus, there's more than one type of horsepower.
Old May 10th 2004, 9:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ulujain
Why kilowatts? 'Cos Australia is metric and the kilowatt is a metric unit.
Plus, there's more than one type of horsepower.

QUite simply cos , as a 38 yr old pom, i aint gota a freakin clue about kilowatts at the wheels, im an ignoramus !!!!!

And ask any full blooded aussie, i mean MOTOR HEADS they all prefer BHP
Old May 10th 2004, 1:06 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

LOL, I'm in the US dude. Most folk over here think of kilowatts only when it comes to their power bill!

The metric system is some unholy foreign thing that scares a lot of Americans.
Old May 10th 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

My other half is also busy studying for a restricted letting agents licence from tafe in QLD

You were right about them wanting a licence for everything
Old May 11th 2004, 8:55 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Work at a large hardware store in Windsor, Brisbane. The sell timber, hardware, architectural supplies, cement, the lot, even flooring products. Been there for over 10 years. No, not Bunnings.

With the "wannabee racing driver", for a long time wanted to do circuit racing in sedans, but only at club level. Only thing that is stopping me is $$$. Nearly bought a Holden Gemini (Cavalier) but the cost of the trailer was dearer than the cost of the car plus there as nowhere to store it between races. Would prefer Holden HQ Premier sedan (4 door) though.

At the moment Pollyana and I do trackside marshalling (flags etc)

Last edited by The Bloke; May 11th 2004 at 8:58 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Your telling me, a friend went for a bar job, and needed a heath and safety certificate, plus managerial experience, and show qualifications in maths !!

Omg its scarey, i went into Bunnings, bought some plywood, and a guy said, please can you use the trolley, we arent insured should you break ur back !

Pmsl
Theres a coffee place near here which will not warm babies bottles in the microwave, or supply hot water for making up formulation, because of the "stringent OHS regulations"

Yet go into the National Occupational Health and Safety Commision offices in Canberra, you get an electric shock every time you try to open a door because of the huge amount of static from the carpet.

When I worked there they got the carpet treated to prevent this, only finished up making it worse!
Old May 27th 2004, 5:20 am
Banned

Originally posted by Trevglas
Theres a coffee place near here which will not warm babies bottles in the microwave, or supply hot water for making up formulation, because of the "stringent OHS regulations"

Yet go into the National Occupational Health and Safety Commision offices in Canberra, you get an electric shock every time you try to open a door because of the huge amount of static from the carpet.

When I worked there they got the carpet treated to prevent this, only finished up making it worse!

lolol im a bugger for getting static shocks, i reckon i need an earth strap shuvd up me ass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.