Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QAS Interviews in London

QAS Interviews in London

Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:11 am
skye

Default QAS Interviews in London

There seems to be a few of use who attended interviews in London - would it be a good idea to start a thread and try and keep in contact and share the ups and downs of the next few months??

Looks like we will be in Southport Region!

Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: QAS Interviews in London

Hi Skye,

That sounds a great idea.

Keebs
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:49 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Had mine yesterday! Seemed to go ok - just got to wait now..
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:05 pm
skye

Well done - which area are you looking at...

Told you it wasnt that bad!

Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:28 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Good luck chaps and chapesses.

Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:19 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Nice to see my OH has plenty to keep her occupied at work.....¬!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:31 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by skye
Well done - which area are you looking at...

Told you it wasnt that bad!
Yes mate - you where right..!! and the stuff I read up on as well!!

Hoping for north or south of Brisbane... like everybody else

So they have been in contact for your medical then?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:37 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

We started to ring round as there is a six week wait for them, but managed to get a cancellation for tomorrow, rang QAS and said should we go for it as not had formal offer yet and they said yes to frontloading and they will sort everyting out next week when they get back!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:38 pm
leave the swelling!!

sorry this is my OH log in - its Skye replying!!!! - he is confusing me now!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:26 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by The Pink Panther
.....said yes to frontloading and they will sort everyting out next week when they get back!

Frontloading?? What does that mean?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:06 am
skye

Getting medicals, police checks completed before you are requested to do so - speeds the process up!

Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:21 am
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by skye
Getting medicals, police checks completed before you are requested to do so - speeds the process up!
Of course!! Good luck..
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:31 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

What is QAS please?
KJJ
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the Queensland Ambulance Service
How did the interviews go, what type of things do they want to know. I have just sent off my application and hoped to get an interview over there in June when we go on a recce. Are the jobs in one particular area or are they pretty open to where you would want to go Ronnie
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:09 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
Its the Queensland Ambulance Service
How did the interviews go, what type of things do they want to know. I have just sent off my application and hoped to get an interview over there in June when we go on a recce. Are the jobs in one particular area or are they pretty open to where you would want to go Ronnie
I can only speak of my experience - but what a lovely bunch of people. Had interview in London last week, really friendly, one to one, really relaxed atmosphere.

Was asked the obligatory "tell me about yourself - why do you want to come to QAS"

Management of IDDM with unconcious cas - differntial diagnosis. Causes of... Preferential treatment/secondary treatment.

Pharmacology of Aspirin (thromboxane/prostoglandin action), indications, contra/cautions etc..

Clinical governance - what is it?? Why?? Where?? Who??

Mentoring new/student paramedics - qualities/experience of..

and then a general chit chat about life in general.!!

Obviously they do have a selection of questions - my friend was asked a completey different set.

I got the impression that jobs are genarally everywhere, but certain areas (Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast) are more popular than others and that there is a chance that you may not get your prefered area for that reason! But because of the changes to there service, ie shorter working week, more A/L - they are struggling to cover shifts in all areas!

Go for it and good luck..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.