Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas 3000 Jobs to go to Asia ???????

Qantas 3000 Jobs to go to Asia ???????

Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Qantas 3000 Jobs to go to Asia ???????

Has anyone else heard the rumour about 3000 or so jobs being shipped to Asia by Qantas. As an aircraft engineer just about to emigrate to Brisbane this is slightly concerning , can anyone put any light on this subject as to how true it is ??????????

Greggsy
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas 3000 Jobs to go to Asia ???????

Originally Posted by greggsy
Has anyone else heard the rumour about 3000 or so jobs being shipped to Asia by Qantas. As an aircraft engineer just about to emigrate to Brisbane this is slightly concerning , can anyone put any light on this subject as to how true it is ??????????

Greggsy
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/con...5/s1487559.htm

Greg, went to google.com.au and typed in something like qantas job cuts a whole page of recent articles came up, just one link above. Its been on the news and in the papers, all the aussie ones are on line daily. Qantas job cuts have has been discussed on here before but in relation to lack of jobs in OZ for pilots and cutbacks in the call center service desk staff.

Do a search and see what you make of it all, australias workplace reforms will probably be mentioned search on that too.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:39 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Qantas 3000 Jobs to go to Asia ???????

Hello,

as a student pilot wanting to make a career out of aviation, this is an unstable field indeed there is a lack of jobs for pilots (mostly in the Jet sector) in Oz and competition is very high.

Alot of qualified pilots find jobs up north doing charter work, sightseeing or flight instruction, airline jet jobs are very rare and for that you need quite alot of hours in the logbook

Oh well nothing is impossible, once qualified and while job hunting for my piloting career i can always support myself through my degree, its always good to have a plan B while waiting for the big break...

Qantas have lost some Engineering contracts, Qantas will also send if i am not mistaken their long haul fleet to do maintenance abroad, heaps of ground crew will lose their jobs once self check-in is in place, a new international airline is being set up by Qantas to fly international routes the airline is JetStar International and i am afraid it wont be too long before the brand "Qantas" cease to exist if the bean counters continue with this kind of decisions