Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Old Mar 30th 2003, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Just thought id see if anyony had any quest on Adelaide,
we have been here 10 months ,
will be in chat room sundays from 13.00 till 14.00 gmt to see if i can help with any ques,

Last edited by Mike Peters; Mar 30th 2003 at 12:26 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Originally posted by Mike Peters
will be in chat room sundays from 13.00 till 14.00 gmt to see if i can help with any ques,
Hi Mike,

That's good of you, were not going to Adelaide but thanks anyway,

How the pool business going and life in OZ

Cheers,
Old Mar 30th 2003, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Mike

we are headed for Adelaide but have missed you!!
still in very early stages of application, so will contact you sometime to gather info!!

take care
Hazel
Old Mar 30th 2003, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike

Thanks for your time and advice today - It was really useful.

As mentioned I am an accountant with STNI approval for Vic - If I was sure that I could get a job in Adelaide I would consider it esp as the property prices there are so much cheaper than Melbourne.

My guess is that we will go to Melbourne initially (Had a 2 week expolatory tour at the beginning of this year) and see how things are. We will probably stay there for a few years and maybe look to relocate to Perth or Adelaide - Who knows ? - It's such a big place . At the ened of the day I wont have a mortgage anyway so it does not really matter about the Melbourne property prices, at least I my property will be apprecviating in value.

We may even look to buy an investment property in Adelaide - So many options..........- Let's wait until a) I get PR and b) I sell my house in the UK

All the very best

Terry
Old Apr 1st 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

If Anyone has questions post them and ill try to have the anwsers buy sunday,
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:04 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide questions

This is a really nice offer. We are hoping to arrive in Adelaide in September this year. We would like to know if you used the meet and greet service offered and if so what were your impressions of it. Also do you have any information about what the suburbs are like, any areas to be avoided, or areas you know to be afordable and nice. There are so many questions!

Are cars more expensive over there, we have looked at comparable makes, and found them to be very expensive, but is this because they are imported, not made there. I.e. Rovers and Peugeot.

How hot does it get in summer? Is the heat more bearable because it is dryer.

What is the job market like at the moment.

How affordable is childcare for preschool, is there an equivalent of our state nurseries.

Is the actual cost of living really cheaper than in the UK.

Well, maybe that is more than enough to ask you for now. We would love to know what you like and dont like about Adelaide. Thank you so much for offering this to us, it is very generous and helpful.

We look forward to hearing from you on or around Sunday.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

If Anyone has questions post them and ill try to have the anwsers buy sunday,
Hi Mike

We are hoping to move to Adelaide August/September time. It is really good of you to offer this service as there are a few questions I would like to know the answers to. Unfortunately we will not be able to make it to the chat room on Sunday (I am one of the Essex girls meeting up with 40:scared: other families trying to emigrate to Oz!) I was wondering if you could let me know the answer to a couple of questions here on the forum.

Firstly, we have been looking at Happy Valley and would appreciate your opinion on the area?

Secondly, what is your opinion of the local schools?

One last thing, and it's alot! Is there any way you could post the answers to Jaz's questions as I would really be interested in the answers.

Thank You

Sindy
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mike
answers to the above will do for now!!

Hazel
Old Apr 1st 2003, 8:29 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Thanks also, the replies will certainly help with some of our questions too.

Dawn
Old Apr 1st 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi Mike

We are hoping to move to Adelaide August/September time. It is really good of you to offer this service as there are a few questions I would like to know the answers to. Unfortunately we will not be able to make it to the chat room on Sunday (I am one of the Essex girls meeting up with 40:scared: other families trying to emigrate to Oz!) I was wondering if you could let me know the answer to a couple of questions here on the forum.

Firstly, we have been looking at Happy Valley and would appreciate your opinion on the area?

Secondly, what is your opinion of the local schools?

One last thing, and it's alot! Is there any way you could post the answers to Jaz's questions as I would really be interested in the answers.

Thank You

Sindy

Hi Sindy

Did you also notice that Mike's PO Box address is in Happy Valley ?

Maybe we can take a laptop on Sunday and chat with Mike online (LOL)

I had quite a long online chat with Mike on Sunday and found him to be extremely helpful (Thanks again Mike)

Seeya !

Terry
Old Apr 1st 2003, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adelaide questions

This is a really nice offer. We are hoping to arrive in Adelaide in September this year. We would like to know if you used the meet and greet service offered and if so what were your impressions of it

Jaz........I met Mick and his wife Claire on the internet about September 2001 and I met them at the airport in his new car which he had purchased by phone from the UK!!! Mick had it delivered to my house a few days before they arrived here, which was trusting to say the least as I had never met them in person.

On their behalf I also viewed the house they saw on the internet, and subsequently purchased. I gave them an unbiased opinion on it and thankfully they loved it!!! Just as well considering the price it was!!!

Mick and Claire have 12 acres at Chandlers Hill, just up the hill from Happy Valley. They have the best view in Adelaide and it is a beautiful property.

I see them about once a week now, and they have settled in really well. Mick knows more people in 10 months than I have met in 12 years!!!

Regards

Sharon
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:05 am
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide questions

Hi Wizziwozza,
hope I spelt your name right!

Thanks for the info, how long have you been there?

It is really exciting to see all the people who are in, or intending to go to Adelaide. I really hope to meet up with somebody out there.

It is amazing that you received a car and viewed a house on someone elses behalf!

Everyone seems so ready to help each other, it is really good to see.

I have a cousin in Sydney, and his wife is going to get in touch with a friends sister who lives in Adelaide - on our behalf.

A friend in England has a cousin in Adelaide, and she is going to contact her too.

Everyone seems to want to help up, and this site has been invaluable for us.

By the way, I GOT MY AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT TODAY!!!!

I was born there, but I have lived in the UK for most of my life, so it is a big deal to me.

Thanks again
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jaz

I have been here for 12 years, and live in Woodcroft.

I only wish that we had had someone here when we arrived because we came over we had never been here, knew no one and there just wasn't the help available that there is now (including the internet).

Just as a side point - my husband said the worst thing was having no keys. No house keys and no car keys! It was as though we didn't exist for a while.

Shaz
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

keaton is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaz,

As you’re Adelaide based would you mind giving me some help / pointers please? We’re planning a visit in mid June to Adelaide and we’re looking to rent so we have a base to work from.

Where’s the best place to be in order to be central for visiting the various surburbs? We’re thinking of relocating there and any information would help as would any information on places avoid etc.

Thanks!
Old Apr 6th 2003, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

sun / chat/room

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.