Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Puttin Christmas Decs up!

Puttin Christmas Decs up!

Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Puttin Christmas Decs up!

As it's our first Christmas in Oz - kids keen to get that chrimbo feeling.

Middle child (yeah i knew he was gonna be the hardest!!) mithered all week - can we put the tree up? can we put the tree up?

In uk we always put it up ready for December 1st......so last night was the night.

To set scene.....
Christmas CD on (wow i love that track by the Darkness!)
kids wearin flashin santa hats
tinsel everywhere
me and OH drinkin cider

then............................hear sobbin coming from under a flashin santa hat..

go to investigate...............middle child sobbin his little heart out!

i said "what's up" (in a broad northern accent - i'm told u never lose it!)

he said - it doesn't feel like Christmas, i'm missing snow, i'm missing my friends.

so after much talkin....and lettin him have a fibre optic tree in his room! - and telling him we'll make NEW memories and traditions he was ok.

Just goes to show - we worry about ourselves so much - we mustn't underestimate how the kids feel through all this.

well - Happy Christmas folks - Christmas time - don't let the Bells End
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puttin Christmas Decs up!

Ding Dong Merrily on High.........

Happy Christimas to you and yours - hope you and the kids enjoy your first Christmas down under

Ann
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BertieB
Ding Dong Merrily on High.........

Happy Christimas to you and yours - hope you and the kids enjoy your first Christmas down under

Ann
Six white boomers!

Thanks for that - we know all the words to the above song -

i'm sure that will help

lj x
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

update!

morning after.....the night before

middle child just walked in singin "Santa Claus is coming to town" to show me a santa he's made.

We've done it!!! he's in the Christmas spirit!!!

"It's beginnin to feel a lot like Christmas"
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

there you go.............now mum and dad can get into the Christmas 'spirit' too

Ann
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:25 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We're putting our tree up today and this will be our 2nd Christmas here. It is a bit strange at first but remember if the kids get bikes, scooters, roller skates etc they will actually be able to go outside and use them this year as it won't be blowing a gale, raining etc!!! Hope you have a fantastic first Christmas and I'm sure the kids will have a whale of a time!

Lorraine
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:01 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elljay

Forgot it would be your first Christmas here! Yes, it's different BUT enjoy!

Glad to hear that "middle child" is back in character!

Happy Christmas to you all!

Love B x
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest - bearing in mind I'm a southerner so very rarely saw snow and then only Jan or Feb - how many people in the UK actually see snow in December? Probably leaving Scotland out of the equation. I know we all believe that when we were kids we always had snow, we didn't really and I just wondered on actual fact.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:04 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Was over in the midlands last year over xmas and got to see snow on boxing day. Very light snow but still snow

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Just out of interest - bearing in mind I'm a southerner so very rarely saw snow and then only Jan or Feb - how many people in the UK actually see snow in December? Probably leaving Scotland out of the equation. I know we all believe that when we were kids we always had snow, we didn't really and I just wondered on actual fact.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:38 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Roll on January 2nd.

Humbug.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ELLJAY]

Yeh you don't realise what they're actually going through, I think my little girl is putting on a brave face - we are in a hotel for xmas enroute to Heathrow, and obviously its going to be a bit light on the pressy situation due to baggage, so hopefully she will get lost in the excitement of the travel and whats at the other end.
angela
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

QUOTE=ELLJAY]

Yeh you don't realise what they're actually going through, I think my little girl is putting on a brave face - we are in a hotel for xmas enroute to Heathrow, and obviously its going to be a bit light on the pressy situation due to baggage, so hopefully she will get lost in the excitement of the travel and whats at the other end.
angela[/QUOTE]

Know exactly what you mean - we are going to be in Singapore (on route to Melbourne) and our son is not very happy about telling Santa to keep his presents until we get to Australia !!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
we lived in Manchester - and often went out sledging. ( use the term "often" loosely - but we did go sledging.)

we bought another tree yesterday...and a wreath for the door..............and stockings.......................and a "welcome santa" sign

cant wait now !!!

Last edited by ELLJAY; Dec 1st 2006 at 7:36 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:36 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
As it's our first Christmas in Oz - kids keen to get that chrimbo feeling.

Middle child (yeah i knew he was gonna be the hardest!!) mithered all week - can we put the tree up? can we put the tree up?

In uk we always put it up ready for December 1st......so last night was the night.

To set scene.....
Christmas CD on (wow i love that track by the Darkness!)
kids wearin flashin santa hats
tinsel everywhere
me and OH drinkin cider

then............................hear sobbin coming from under a flashin santa hat..

go to investigate...............middle child sobbin his little heart out!

i said "what's up" (in a broad northern accent - i'm told u never lose it!)

he said - it doesn't feel like Christmas, i'm missing snow, i'm missing my friends.

so after much talkin....and lettin him have a fibre optic tree in his room! - and telling him we'll make NEW memories and traditions he was ok.

Just goes to show - we worry about ourselves so much - we mustn't underestimate how the kids feel through all this.

well - Happy Christmas folks - Christmas time - don't let the Bells End
Aaaaahhhh poor kid ......but i am sure you will all have a wonderful time.

Merry christmas...........
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:37 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
update!

morning after.....the night before

middle child just walked in singin "Santa Claus is coming to town" to show me a santa he's made.

We've done it!!! he's in the Christmas spirit!!!

"It's beginnin to feel a lot like Christmas"
brilliant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.