Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Purchasing over internet from Usa to Oz

Purchasing over internet from Usa to Oz

Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Purchasing over internet from Usa to Oz

As there is no Disneystore in Australia I would like to order some stuff from the Disneystore online in the USA. Does anyone know if and how much I will have to pay for customs when the post is delivered.

Thanks in anticipation of your replies
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:50 am
Just Joined

fair_dinkum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchasing over internet from Usa to Oz

Originally Posted by debsy
As there is no Disneystore in Australia I would like to order some stuff from the Disneystore online in the USA. Does anyone know if and how much I will have to pay for customs when the post is delivered.

Why dont you buy online in oz?

www.disney.com.au
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

debsy, don't know about disney/US stuff, but I order from UK websites and have never had to pay any customs fees, they obviously check it as they do all other parcels but never charged.

Teresa
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swifts
debsy, don't know about disney/US stuff, but I order from UK websites and have never had to pay any customs fees, they obviously check it as they do all other parcels but never charged.

Teresa
Thanks Teresa.

Fair dinkum - thanks for the suggestion but they dont have the stuff I want on that.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks Teresa.

Fair dinkum - thanks for the suggestion but they dont have the stuff I want on that.
Not sure what sort of stuff your after but we do have Warner Bros Studio stores that sell a lot of disney stuff .... as for ordering stuff over the net from overseas and having it sent to Oz , I have done it many times and never had a problem

Cheers
fair dinkum
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fair_dinkum
Not sure what sort of stuff your after but we do have Warner Bros Studio stores that sell a lot of disney stuff .... as for ordering stuff over the net from overseas and having it sent to Oz , I have done it many times and never had a problem

Cheers
fair dinkum
Sorry,I forgot to add ... when you buy over the internet the postage and handling is added on to the purchase so you know up front how much you are up for ... you wont have to pay for it to come through customs
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fair_dinkum
Sorry,I forgot to add ... when you buy over the internet the postage and handling is added on to the purchase so you know up front how much you are up for ... you wont have to pay for it to come through customs
Well, I have ordered it - I will let you know if it arrives in one piece