Puppy question

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future
Default Re: Puppy question

Thanks, it is pretty confusing especially if you have not owned a puppy before. I agree about the dry dog food - it must be pretty bland and boring having it every day. I will start mixing a bit of tinned dog food with the dry. I did think I should wait for a year, dont ask me why!
Just another question, when looking for dried dog food, would I need to look for something that says specifically puppy food or does it not matter as long as it is for a small breed? and the same for the wet tinned food, what should I look for on the tin or does it not matter?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I think on most cans a puppy food is for any size and the age is the most important but it will tell you how much to feed what size dog. With dried food they make it more specifically for the size. I am glad that renal failure was brought up though, because in the vet clinic I worked in we linked renal failure to exclusively dry feeding in cats, not sure about dogs, but it makes sense to me to vary the diet and just avoid junk food.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We tried our Great Dane on Eagle Pack and he had the shits all the time, tried loads of different brands and he kept having chronic runs until we found Supercoat Chicken which we mix with a couple of scoops of brown rice and he is doing great on it.

It's also cheap at around $40 for 18 kilos.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

My 2 great danes are on bakers complete. Along with 2lb of raw tripe a day. I would never feed tinned food - if you put it in a pan and heat it you will see its 80% water!! Waste of money. I always feed raw, they don't have barbecues in the wild!! When puppies they were both fed raw chicken, minced and wings. I pay approx £25 a month for raw tripe. To feed 2 great danes that is good. It stinks but they love it!!

Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Puppy question-022.jpg   Puppy question-dsc00305.jpeg  
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tasmas
My 2 great danes are on bakers complete. Along with 2lb of raw tripe a day. I would never feed tinned food - if you put it in a pan and heat it you will see its 80% water!! Waste of money. I always feed raw, they don't have barbecues in the wild!! When puppies they were both fed raw chicken, minced and wings. I pay approx £25 a month for raw tripe. To feed 2 great danes that is good. It stinks but they love it!!

Tracy
I love your dogs!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
I love your dogs!
Thanks

Although the Harlequin is a little b*****d!! He's 2 and has got rid of teenage spots so now he thinks he's the big man and yesterday he tried to push for top dog with the fawn 9 year old. Scary fight in the kitchen, 9 year old just walked off!! I love them though, once you've had a great dane you never have another breed!!! Please post pic of yours
The blue dane in my avatar died 2 years ago aged 9. He was an angel. They break your heart.
Tracy
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Our Zac is on Eukanuba and although it seems expensive the bag lasts 8 weeks so works out really cheap in the long run. I can highly recommend it and people are always commenting on how great condition his coat is. Its a complete meal too so no need to mix anything with it. He has been on it for over a year now and not got bored with it.

Marie
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:18 pm
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

Like most people have said already there is a higher percentage of renal cats that are fed dry food only and we now recomend a mixture of wet and dry. It nice to see such caring owners, my little girl is in eastern creek and I can not fault them, they seem to be doing a top job espically as she is 9 and is on medication and special diet. Trying to be really good and not ring to much as I know how hard their job must be with owner ringing all the time. We pick her up 22nd june.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

Please post pic of yours
Here goes...
Attached Thumbnails Puppy question-pluto1.jpg   Puppy question-pluto2.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Here goes...
Awwwwh How old is she. She looks very long legged!!!! Is she your first?
Did you take her to oz with you?

Tracy
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Here goes...
aww bless, he is all legs.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:28 am
(It's not my real name)

Awwwwh How old is she. She looks very long legged!!!! Is she your first?
Did you take her to oz with you?

Tracy
Hey, Pluto's a he, can't you see his little willy? I suppose his empty nutsack does make him look like a girl in the photo.

He's 12 months old, still about 10 to 15 kilos of filling out to do

He is our first Dane, we had a doberman before. Bought him here.

Last edited by renth; Jun 3rd 2008 at 3:43 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:29 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by northernbird
aww bless, he is all legs.
He looks like a spider doesn't he?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey, Pluto's a he, can't you see his little willy?

He's 12 months old, still about 10 to 15 kilos of filling out to do
Oh my!!!! Bless him, lets hope some of those kilos go to the right area!!!! You'll have to forgive me its 4.30am here, and I haven't got my glasses on! Can't sleep so i'm trawling BE. 12 months is a cool age, adolescence is yet to kick in.
This is Troy...............5 weeks, 5 months and 12 months.
Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Puppy question-dsc00383.jpg   Puppy question-dsc00499.jpg   Puppy question-dsc00533.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:41 am
(It's not my real name)

Oh my!!!! Bless him, lets hope some of those kilos go to the right area!!!! You'll have to forgive me its 4.30am here, and I haven't got my glasses on! Can't sleep so i'm trawling BE. 12 months is a cool age, adolescence is yet to kick in.
This is Troy...............5 weeks, 5 months and 12 months.
Tracy
Ahh, cute.

Do you think he looks OK for a 12 month old dane? he's not as solid as your one was.

Do you think it's cause we had him castrated?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.