British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   the punch - bogan top 10 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/punch-bogan-top-10-a-623719/)

asprilla Aug 4th 2009 2:48 am

the punch - bogan top 10

Rockingham makes The Punch 'Bogan Top 10'

original article here

"The Punch has corralled its contributors, many of whom hail proudly from the wrong side of the tracks, to pencil the following shortlist - which is obviously open to challenge. In no particular order our top 10 bogan suburbs are:

Albion Park NSW, Dandenong Vic, Kambah ACT, Redcliffe Qld, Wyoming NSW, Salisbury SA, Chigwell Tas, Ipswich Qld, Rockingham WA, Moe Vic.
"

any views ? :)

Deutschmaster Aug 4th 2009 3:07 am

Re: the punch - bogan top 10

I'm surprised that Dandenong made it, Frankston is far more bogan!

The Flintstones Aug 4th 2009 3:19 am

God save the bogan.

Petals Aug 4th 2009 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster (Post 7810293)
I'm surprised that Dandenong made it, Frankston is far more bogan!

I guess you live in Frankston as you are so knowlegable. Dandenong is way worse than Frankston I worked in Dandenong for 13 years and I did not carry a handbag around when I walked around the streets, never used an ATM in the street and tried not to go walking on Princes Highway in the afternoon when the druggies wake up. For a while we had an office on the first floor above a bank but had a separate entrance, people used to go to the toilet in our stairwell regularly. We had to lock the office door when we were on our own.

Frankston is not like that I have frequented it for over twenty years and never felt afraid but I used to in Dandenong. My oh did not like me working there.

Deutschmaster Aug 4th 2009 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Petals (Post 7810402)
I guess you live in Frankston as you are so knowlegable. Dandenong is way worse than Frankston I worked in Dandenong for 13 years and I did not carry a handbag around when I walked around the streets, never used an ATM in the street and tried not to go walking on Princes Highway in the afternoon when the druggies wake up. For a while we had an office on the first floor above a bank but had a separate entrance, people used to go to the toilet in our stairwell regularly. We had to lock the office door when we were on our own.

Frankston is not like that I have frequented it for over twenty years and never felt afraid but I used to in Dandenong. My oh did not like me working there.

Actually, I did for a little while.

Deutschmaster Aug 4th 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Petals (Post 7810402)

And I thought that 'Bogan' doesn't (necessarily) mean druggie/crook. Or am I missing something here?

I really do like Frankston and how it feels as if it is an actual town rather than being a suburb of Melbourne. But hey, walk around the shopping centre. :)

quoll Aug 4th 2009 5:54 am

Hmm, I'd have put Charnwood ahead of Kambah - maybe even Richardson too.

I wonder what scale of boganicity they used for this professional treatise.

spartacus Aug 4th 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by asprilla (Post 7810260)
Rockingham makes The Punch 'Bogan Top 10'

original article here

"The Punch has corralled its contributors, many of whom hail proudly from the wrong side of the tracks, to pencil the following shortlist - which is obviously open to challenge. In no particular order our top 10 bogan suburbs are:

Albion Park NSW, Dandenong Vic, Kambah ACT, Redcliffe Qld, Wyoming NSW, Salisbury SA, Chigwell Tas, Ipswich Qld, Rockingham WA, Moe Vic.
"

any views ? :)

Looking at QLD's entries . . .

Redcliffe . . . check

Ipswich . . . check

Hold on a cotton pickin' moment . . . no Cleveland . . . no Victoria Point . . . WTF!!

Broad Shoulders Aug 4th 2009 6:02 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 7810560)
Hmm, I'd have put Charnwood ahead of Kambah - maybe even Richardson too.

I live in Redcliffe and I am quite shocked that it is on there. I know it used to have that tag, but most of those people have moved away now.
I am amazed that Bundaberg, Logan, Slacks Creek & Collingwood Park are not on there. They are by far much worse than Redcliffe

Deutschmaster Aug 4th 2009 6:03 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 7810560)

Number of mullets per head of population?

quoll Aug 4th 2009 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster (Post 7810586)
Number of mullets per head of population?

Hmm, good as any!

Vash the Stampede Aug 4th 2009 8:32 am

They certainly got it right with Chigwell.

*shudders*

kporte Aug 4th 2009 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders (Post 7810581)
I live in Redcliffe and I am quite shocked that it is on there. I know it used to have that tag, but most of those people have moved away now.
I am amazed that Bundaberg, Logan, Slacks Creek & Collingwood Park are not on there. They are by far much worse than Redcliffe

You tipped it over the edge Bogan Boy:rofl:

PS Slacks creek makes me laugh, sounds like where SC should live

Geelong Gent Aug 4th 2009 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster (Post 7810548)
But hey, walk around the shopping centre. :)

Why walk when ya can glide on a shopping trolley:sneaky:

Them uggs boots make good brakes:p

Kalenge Aug 4th 2009 1:14 pm

What about Armadale in WA ... surely it should feature in that list.

They probably need to make it a Top 20 or Top 30 to really complete the list ;)