Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the punch - bogan top 10

the punch - bogan top 10

Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:48 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default the punch - bogan top 10

Rockingham makes The Punch 'Bogan Top 10'

original article here

"The Punch has corralled its contributors, many of whom hail proudly from the wrong side of the tracks, to pencil the following shortlist - which is obviously open to challenge. In no particular order our top 10 bogan suburbs are:

Albion Park NSW, Dandenong Vic, Kambah ACT, Redcliffe Qld, Wyoming NSW, Salisbury SA, Chigwell Tas, Ipswich Qld, Rockingham WA, Moe Vic.
"

any views ?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the punch - bogan top 10

I'm surprised that Dandenong made it, Frankston is far more bogan!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

God save the bogan.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I'm surprised that Dandenong made it, Frankston is far more bogan!
I guess you live in Frankston as you are so knowlegable. Dandenong is way worse than Frankston I worked in Dandenong for 13 years and I did not carry a handbag around when I walked around the streets, never used an ATM in the street and tried not to go walking on Princes Highway in the afternoon when the druggies wake up. For a while we had an office on the first floor above a bank but had a separate entrance, people used to go to the toilet in our stairwell regularly. We had to lock the office door when we were on our own.

Frankston is not like that I have frequented it for over twenty years and never felt afraid but I used to in Dandenong. My oh did not like me working there.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Petals
I guess you live in Frankston as you are so knowlegable. Dandenong is way worse than Frankston I worked in Dandenong for 13 years and I did not carry a handbag around when I walked around the streets, never used an ATM in the street and tried not to go walking on Princes Highway in the afternoon when the druggies wake up. For a while we had an office on the first floor above a bank but had a separate entrance, people used to go to the toilet in our stairwell regularly. We had to lock the office door when we were on our own.

Frankston is not like that I have frequented it for over twenty years and never felt afraid but I used to in Dandenong. My oh did not like me working there.
Actually, I did for a little while.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Petals

And I thought that 'Bogan' doesn't (necessarily) mean druggie/crook. Or am I missing something here?

I really do like Frankston and how it feels as if it is an actual town rather than being a suburb of Melbourne. But hey, walk around the shopping centre.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I'd have put Charnwood ahead of Kambah - maybe even Richardson too.

I wonder what scale of boganicity they used for this professional treatise.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Rockingham makes The Punch 'Bogan Top 10'

original article here

"The Punch has corralled its contributors, many of whom hail proudly from the wrong side of the tracks, to pencil the following shortlist - which is obviously open to challenge. In no particular order our top 10 bogan suburbs are:

Albion Park NSW, Dandenong Vic, Kambah ACT, Redcliffe Qld, Wyoming NSW, Salisbury SA, Chigwell Tas, Ipswich Qld, Rockingham WA, Moe Vic.
"

any views ?
Looking at QLD's entries . . .

Redcliffe . . . check

Ipswich . . . check

Hold on a cotton pickin' moment . . . no Cleveland . . . no Victoria Point . . . WTF!!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:02 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Hmm, I'd have put Charnwood ahead of Kambah - maybe even Richardson too.

I live in Redcliffe and I am quite shocked that it is on there. I know it used to have that tag, but most of those people have moved away now.
I am amazed that Bundaberg, Logan, Slacks Creek & Collingwood Park are not on there. They are by far much worse than Redcliffe
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll

Number of mullets per head of population?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Number of mullets per head of population?
Hmm, good as any!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: the punch - bogan top 10

They certainly got it right with Chigwell.

*shudders*
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:38 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I live in Redcliffe and I am quite shocked that it is on there. I know it used to have that tag, but most of those people have moved away now.
I am amazed that Bundaberg, Logan, Slacks Creek & Collingwood Park are not on there. They are by far much worse than Redcliffe
You tipped it over the edge Bogan Boy

PS Slacks creek makes me laugh, sounds like where SC should live
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:21 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

But hey, walk around the shopping centre.
Why walk when ya can glide on a shopping trolley

Them uggs boots make good brakes
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:14 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

What about Armadale in WA ... surely it should feature in that list.

They probably need to make it a Top 20 or Top 30 to really complete the list

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.