Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pubs with Beergardens in/around Brisbane

Pubs with Beergardens in/around Brisbane

Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

mrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nice
Default Pubs with Beergardens in/around Brisbane

Does anyone know of pubs with beergardens (as in nice family pubs) in or near Brisbane. We only know of the one at Cleveland and last night were watching Relocation Relocation and they were looking at buying a pub on the Isle of Wight with these beautiful beergardens and we want to go somewhere like that again!!
thanks
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:44 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pubs with Beergardens in/around Brisbane

Originally Posted by mrsridge
Does anyone know of pubs with beergardens (as in nice family pubs) in or near Brisbane. We only know of the one at Cleveland and last night were watching Relocation Relocation and they were looking at buying a pub on the Isle of Wight with these beautiful beergardens and we want to go somewhere like that again!!
thanks
I can only think of the Normanby. Florescent pink polo shirts are compulsary though.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliver1982
I can only think of the Normanby. Florescent pink polo shirts are compulsary though.
and it's not exactly a beautiful beer garden is it? concrete only in sight!

i honestly can't think of any with gardens as such in Brisbane.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:56 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

"Australian Family Pub" - bit of an oxymoron I'm afraid....

"Everton Park Hotel" has a great kids playground out the back - but not anything you'd really call a "Beer Garden" - its just a huge playground with a bunch of equipment (including climbing frames, a carousell that costs $2 a go and some palystations).. You can sit inside the pub eating and drinking and watching your kids outside on the big screen CCTVs!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I can only think of the Normanby.
"Nice family pubs". Strewth!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
"Nice family pubs". Strewth!
About as nice and family as the Victory
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:29 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsridge
thanks
Near Brisbane?...Not really but try this place...popular for sunday lunch

http://www.eagleheightshotel.com.au/
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:06 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane is seriously lacking in beer gardens, its very depressing.

The grand view hotel(?think that's the name) has a beer garden, but its out cleveland way.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:21 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I should have mentioned that I was being sarcastic when I said the Normanby...sorry
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Not exactly Brisbane and not exactly a beer garden, but the Belvedere at Woody Point has got a lovely outlook over Moreton Bay as well as a kids play area.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe I should have mentioned that I was being sarcastic when I said the Normanby...sorry
dire situation though isn't it?!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Nearest thing I've found to a 'family pub' is having an overpriced bottle of heineken at the local Coffee Club

Love the comment re the Victory.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

What about the waterloo in Wynnum, okay not very classy but at least the kids have somewhere to play, or be locked in........ in my case. Its ok but must admit i aint found one i like.

Cheers
Suzanne