Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it a public holiday today? (16th May 2005)

Is it a public holiday today? (16th May 2005)

Old May 16th 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it a public holiday today? (16th May 2005)

Hi guys,

I'm confused. I was told that today is Adelaide Cup Day and it's a public holiday. Does it apply only for South Australia or for the whole Australia including NSW, WA and etc.

Any ideas?

Rgds,
LS
Old May 16th 2005, 7:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Is it a public holiday today? (16th May 2005)

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi guys,

I'm confused. I was told that today is Adelaide Cup Day and it's a public holiday. Does it apply only for South Australia or for the whole Australia including NSW, WA and etc.

Any ideas?

Rgds,
LS

You were told right - just for SA though
Old May 16th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mlbonner!

Does that mean its a working day for all other states besides SA?

Rgds,
LS

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Old May 16th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

I tried contacting a bank today in Victoria but nobody answering in the branch. Weird huh.

Rgds,
LS

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Old May 16th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Rgds,
LS
Im not in oz yet but it probably was a bank hol. After all my ozzie partner calls it 'the land of the long weekend'!!

Van
Old May 16th 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Definitely not a public holiday in Melbourne - hubby just had first day at work - we're really going!
Old May 16th 2005, 2:59 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by flip
Definitely not a public holiday in Melbourne - hubby just had first day at work - we're really going!
Carolyn,
how did the first day at work go for Chris?

Neil
Old May 16th 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neil.b
Carolyn,
how did the first day at work go for Chris?

Neil
Hi Neil

Went well, had a couple of disorganised meetings and was introduced to lots of people and told about pay and stuff like that.

Sister-in-law is pandering to him unfortunately. I was hoping I'd get him back as a new man but she's ironing for him and cooking him big meals. Hope she grows out of it after 10 weeks.

Any news on the house?

Sorry for hogging thread - will do pm's from now on.

Carolyn
Old May 16th 2005, 4:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flip
Hi Neil

Went well, had a couple of disorganised meetings and was introduced to lots of people and told about pay and stuff like that.

Sister-in-law is pandering to him unfortunately. I was hoping I'd get him back as a new man but she's ironing for him and cooking him big meals. Hope she grows out of it after 10 weeks.

Any news on the house?

Sorry for hogging thread - will do pm's from now on.

Carolyn
Which part of Melbourne is Sis in law in? Just wondering if I send my shirts down there to................... just a thought.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:28 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I tried contacting a bank today in Victoria but nobody answering in the branch. Weird huh.

Rgds,
LS
I dont know what time you tried, but the banks are generally open 9.30-4.30 here (with variations from city-country and on a friday!)
Old May 16th 2005, 10:42 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Rgds,
LS
I find it stranger when they answer.