British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   PSS removals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pss-removals-231062/)

Timber Floor Au May 17th 2004 3:02 pm

PSS removals

Had details thru today for shipping our CRUD over, was impressed by both prices and the content and detail of the quote.

Are they any good though/??

bundy May 17th 2004 3:04 pm

Re: PSS removals

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Had details thru today for shipping our CRUD over, was impressed by both prices and the content and detail of the quote.

Mixed reports Timber, ranging from 'yep, I'd trust them with shipping my kids' to 'not with a barge pole'. Seems to be different for every person

Timber Floor Au May 17th 2004 3:07 pm

Originally posted by bundy
Mixed reports Timber, ranging from 'yep, I'd trust them with shipping my kids' to 'not with a barge pole'. Seems to be different for every person

hmm reassuringly un reassuring, rest assured ill look at some other threads :) cheers

bundy May 17th 2004 3:08 pm

hmm reassuringly un reassuring, rest assured ill look at some other threads :) cheers
:D :D :D :D

Happy to help;)

Do a search (if it works) as there is loads on here about removers, including the odd poll

Jensen Healey May 17th 2004 3:33 pm

CRUD? Some sort of clever acronym?

Timber Floor Au May 17th 2004 3:43 pm

Originally posted by jeff hardy
CRUD? Some sort of clever acronym?

Just an Olde English Middle England word :)

Bix May 17th 2004 4:32 pm

Watcha Timber.
Our friends had one of the bad experiences with PSS.
No problem at all UK side but they sub-contracted out the OZ end to cowboys.
That's something to look out for mate.

Timber Floor Au May 17th 2004 4:39 pm

Originally posted by Bix
Watcha Timber.
Our friends had one of the bad experiences with PSS.
No problem at all UK side but they sub-contracted out the OZ end to cowboys.
That's something to look out for mate.

Cheers Bix , ill tell the "Gaffer " :)

arlene May 17th 2004 6:31 pm

so far had no probs with pss, they picked our stuff up and were great, (nick and john) whose uncle owned the local by us

hopefully the same the other end

arlene

pete n lisa May 17th 2004 7:23 pm

Hi there Timber

Had three shipping firms in over the last week, two have come back with quotes (all groupage) Pickfords (£1,900, White and Co. £1,700 and PSS have yet to get back to me however they were the first firm that came around) says something me thinks.

Lisa:)

astone May 17th 2004 7:45 pm

Hi All,
Yep, had similar experience with PSS. We were really impressed by them at the Emigrate show. Unfortunately when I came to make an appointment for quotes waited two weeks for them to get back to me which they never did. I tried again, got put on hold for 5 mins made an appointment but very unprofessional, also took a week to send follow up letter. Robinsons were the same. Pickfords made an appointment straight away to my convenience, not theirs, letter arrived the next day. I suppose thats why they are dearer.
good luck
astone:p

Timber Floor Au May 18th 2004 7:22 am

Originally posted by astone
Hi All,
Yep, had similar experience with PSS. We were really impressed by them at the Emigrate show. Unfortunately when I came to make an appointment for quotes waited two weeks for them to get back to me which they never did. I tried again, got put on hold for 5 mins made an appointment but very unprofessional, also took a week to send follow up letter. Robinsons were the same. Pickfords made an appointment straight away to my convenience, not theirs, letter arrived the next day. I suppose thats why they are dearer.
good luck
astone:p

Have you got Robinsons details please

alrobson May 18th 2004 7:28 am

Hi,

We've got them coming around in early June, so will let you know what we think. BUT we did have to phone them back 3 times cause they kept saying they would return our call and they didn't!!!!

Not much confidence in them so far.

Adrian

alrobson May 18th 2004 7:30 am

Originally posted by alrobson
Hi,

We've got them coming around in early June, so will let you know what we think. BUT we did have to phone them back 3 times cause they kept saying they would return our call and they didn't!!!!

Adrian

I'm talking about PSS in the above!!

Timber Floor Au May 18th 2004 7:31 am

Originally posted by alrobson
Hi,

Adrian

Cheers Adrian

In their paperwork they are fastidiously comprehensive on detail, time will tell !