Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS anyone used them

PSS anyone used them

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:22 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default PSS anyone used them

I know this has been covered to the death, but we are about to use PSS (we have had just about every one around and PSS apear to be the best) and wondered if anyone had any views good or bad?

Paul J
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:27 am
Perthite

holte end is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS anyone used them

They were great with us. The blokes that packed our stuff were really efficient and packed everything really well. They took extra care with our valuable stuff.

The company they use over in Perth is called Kent Removals, they delivered on time and they too were very good. When everything was unwrapped the only thing that was chipped was a caserole dish lid.

So, deffinately no complaints from us.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:20 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jacko1
I know this has been covered to the death, but we are about to use PSS (we have had just about every one around and PSS apear to be the best) and wondered if anyone had any views good or bad?

Paul J
sorry to tag on to your thread but I have to make the decission between Crown (£1989) or PSS (£1799) in the next hour, really don't know what to do, have read all the old threads and they both sound ok, so do I go for the cheapest??????????

Kala
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

philip&claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi... we will be using PSS on the 28th of this month, they were the cheapest & the most informative, had around 4 quotes in all, PSS being the best. Feeling confident about them, also Louise in the office has been really helpful with queries over the phone.

Good Luck

Claire
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:55 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi there.

pss came and cleared out my house in august. A completely thorough job leaving me to only make drinks every hour or so. Everything was wrapped up well and from what i could see handled with care. it only took them 3 hours to wrap and pack the whole house, well ok 2 rooms full.

the only complaint i'd have against them was they forgot to invoice me.... i knew i shouldn't have called them to see when they wanted the final payment by! oh well...

good luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 9:57 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kala
sorry to tag on to your thread but I have to make the decission between Crown (£1989) or PSS (£1799) in the next hour, really don't know what to do, have read all the old threads and they both sound ok, so do I go for the cheapest??????????

Kala

I would say the choice is yours I have heard good reports about both
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We used PSS last Dec and they were great. All of our stuff got here safetly and on time. We had a couple of broken items - mirror, china vase etc we claimed on the insurance and got a cheque for the value minus excess, without any hassle.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul J
Just used them and they were great - most informative etc. very polite guys.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: PSS anyone used them

Just an additional question....we used PSS in the UK and they were superb. We had notification that our container arrived in Brisbane on the 20th August but we have just been told it couold be another 2/3 weeks before we get our furniture. Anyone else in this istuation.

Sharon
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pasquill
Just an additional question....we used PSS in the UK and they were superb. We had notification that our container arrived in Brisbane on the 20th August but we have just been told it couold be another 2/3 weeks before we get our furniture. Anyone else in this istuation.

Sharon
Yep - we were told the ship would arrive the 1st of Sept - no one said it would arrive the 1st of Sept in Sydney - we have to wait another week for the ship to get to Brissy . Also we now know it takes 2/3 weeks to unload the ship!!!???......no one mentoned that previously. Luckily we are not in dire need of our stuff , but it would have been nice to know.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzac
Yep - we were told the ship would arrive the 1st of Sept - no one said it would arrive the 1st of Sept in Sydney - we have to wait another week for the ship to get to Brissy . Also we now know it takes 2/3 weeks to unload the ship!!!???......no one mentoned that previously. Luckily we are not in dire need of our stuff , but it would have been nice to know.
It all depends on how busy Customs are - anyone shipping for arrival of Christmas should be prepared for a loooong wait for it to be cleared. My stuff arrived in Brissie Christmas week last year, but wasn't delivered till mid February. Once it was cleared through Customs it was through AQIS in 2 days and with me the following day.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them and had our container delivered about three weeks ago a few minor breaks odd glass,mug etc but all arrived safe and sound .The crew in the UK and here are brilliant

Sally
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:43 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Paul J

We used them last November. Blokes in UK were magnificent and early and quick and thorough. They filled the container to capacity and were very police and helpful. Even let me pack some food type items myself but labelled them as packed by them so customs did not mind. One breakage a flower pot. Kent removals in australia were excellent and again quick. They would not let me make them drinks they had brought their own.
Only problem we had was with the office work - payment went astray and had to 'find' the person who had been dealing with it before they could confirm receipt and release the goods in australia. - Obviously the same lot who forgot to invoice one of their other customers!!!!!
Arrived in Sydney 24th December was available for delivery 9th January (Christmas holidays of course) and we organised for delivery 16th January. This also included the 4 weeks FREE storage (of the loaded contaner not loose item s) in the UK. Recommend them everytime
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

Just had our stuff delivered today from PSS, local agent Overseas Packers in Brisbane. Everyone in process v. good and all arrived in good condition - house was packed up on 22nd June and so not too long either. Would recommend.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brizbound
Just had our stuff delivered today from PSS, local agent Overseas Packers in Brisbane. Everyone in process v. good and all arrived in good condition - house was packed up on 22nd June and so not too long either. Would recommend.

Glad to hear that - ours was packed up and taken Thursday/Friday of last week and the ship is supposed to leave today. PSS were very good this end but that container has got a long way to go yet.........