Wikiposts

PSP's

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:56 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSP's

We bought our psp in Singapore...

It will only play dvd's region 3 and ALL not any Aussie ones.... .

It will play world wide games though.

would be very interested to know more about internet conection and how to do it like you said Paul as not sure what son's done with instuctions as only 10 and the email thing and sites you mentioned including safe ebay buyer you have used.

PM or email me please...cheers... .
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We bought UK PSP's the day they came out. They came with operating system version 1.51 plus an upgrade on the UMD. It is possible to downgrade them to version 1.5 which has been hacked to allow use of emulators and memory stick movies but there is a risk when downgrading that the machine will be totally wrecked. Also downgrading to 1.5 loses the internet capability as it wasn't included in that release. I expect more recent version will be hacked soon but as far as I know it hasn't been done yet.

At present games are region free so they will all play on any machine but the PSP is set up so in theory the games could be regionalised in the same way as they are for the larger machines.

The Movie UMD's are generally set to a region so you will be limited to the region where the PSP is bought until a hack comes out. I don't think this will be a problem since the UMD movies are more expensive than DVD's and can only be played on the PSP plus you can get Sony 2GB Duo's for under £100 on ebay and these will store plenty on stuff (got 2 on order for our flight to Oz in a couple of weeks).
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:48 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spottydog
We bought UK PSP's the day they came out. They came with operating system version 1.51 plus an upgrade on the UMD. It is possible to downgrade them to version 1.5 which has been hacked to allow use of emulators and memory stick movies but there is a risk when downgrading that the machine will be totally wrecked. Also downgrading to 1.5 loses the internet capability as it wasn't included in that release. I expect more recent version will be hacked soon but as far as I know it hasn't been done yet.

At present games are region free so they will all play on any machine but the PSP is set up so in theory the games could be regionalised in the same way as they are for the larger machines.

The Movie UMD's are generally set to a region so you will be limited to the region where the PSP is bought until a hack comes out. I don't think this will be a problem since the UMD movies are more expensive than DVD's and can only be played on the PSP plus you can get Sony 2GB Duo's for under £100 on ebay and these will store plenty on stuff (got 2 on order for our flight to Oz in a couple of weeks).
It is only possible to downgrade from earlier versions, the latest is 2.5 and you cannot downgrade from that, a new hack does let you downgrade from ver 2.0 which supports internet, so you can jump from 1.5 to 2.0 and have it all, BUT 2.5 is a killer if you want to be naughty and leech stuff.

PS I will email the links to those those who PM me, a bit later
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:55 am

Cheers Paul...how can you tell which version your psp has on?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Hi Hilary and Michelle,

Have been doing some research as I'm dying to buy one in Singapore on way to NZ From what I understood, games are not region coded so if you buy your PSP in Europe, games bought in Aus or the USA will work on the console.

However, the movies (UMDs) are region coded, just like DVDs - the zones are the same. So if you buy your PSP in Europe which is zone 2, a movie bought in Aus will not work as it's region 4.

Hope this isn't too confusing,

Jen
I bought one in Singapore on the way out. I saved about GBP40 on the UK price, I got a 1Gb memory stick too. It's an impressive piece of kit. I'm waiting for the 'Liberty City' game to come out here in Australia. It's been delayed several times now.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:20 am

So where are all these free movies then?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Cheers Paul...how can you tell which version your psp has on?
Check 'System Information'. Mine is still on 1.5.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future

We bought 2 in Singapore on our way home as far as I am aware there are 2 types you can we bought a chipped one so the kids could play any games seem to be fine so far but have not bought a lot of films but the games seem to be ok you can even download of the internet so you do not have to buy games. Although saying this it is a bit to technical for me hubby knows a little more than me.

Best wishes

Anitab
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:32 am

everyone keeps saying the download from internet bit but how?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
everyone keeps saying the download from internet bit but how?
Probably from somewhere like Limewire.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

Here'eth starts a huge learning curve, good luck

Tis safe, but make sure you have upto date virii and spyware protection
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

My son dowloaded some codes from the internet that made all of our DVD stuff multi regional and I am sure that he said that you could get codes for PSP and XBox I will check when he is back from school. (Takes a school child to do these things sometimes). The DVD players worked perfectly afterwards it just gave you access to the part of the system that the manufacturers use to make the item multi region or restricted and was all done through the remote.
Nicky
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP
My son dowloaded some codes from the internet that made all of our DVD stuff multi regional and I am sure that he said that you could get codes for PSP and XBox I will check when he is back from school. (Takes a school child to do these things sometimes). The DVD players worked perfectly afterwards it just gave you access to the part of the system that the manufacturers use to make the item multi region or restricted and was all done through the remote.
Nicky

Sounds feasable....

I'll check it out.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:31 pm

Go for it Nicki get the kid on the trail it usually works.... .

We used code on our big dvd player to make it multi region.