Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any raw feeders out there?

Any raw feeders out there?

Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:51 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any raw feeders out there?

Anyone on this forum raw feed their dogs?

We changed from commercial food to raw food for our GSD when we came to Oz - it's worked very well, he's taken to it like a duck to water (surprise, surprise ) and it's making a big difference to his waste output too. He eats outside in the garden, and insists on having his meals on the grass - won't eat on patio, just picks it up and takes it onto the grass.

We're noticing that the grass in the spots where he chooses to put his food is going a strange colour - yellowy-green and like it's dying off. Does anyone know why this is and what we can do, if anything? We thought that raw meaty bones would actually do the garden good, especially given how good blood is for the garden. Being in a rental this is something we need to watch but wondered if anyone knew what's causing it please?

Sue
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:10 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any raw feeders out there?

Never heard of dogs food discolouring the grass,are you sure its not a patch where the dog has wee'd?

Donna.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:53 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
Never heard of dogs food discolouring the grass,are you sure its not a patch where the dog has wee'd?

Donna.
Hi Donna,

No, I wish it was. At least I'd know why then. We had brown patches all over our lawn back in the UK from his wee. However, since he's been on the raw diet here, his wee doesn't seem to scorch the grass the way it did. Now it's just his food killing it.... I just can't figure out why.

Sue
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Donna,

No, I wish it was. At least I'd know why then. We had brown patches all over our lawn back in the UK from his wee. However, since he's been on the raw diet here, his wee doesn't seem to scorch the grass the way it did. Now it's just his food killing it.... I just can't figure out why.

Sue
Weird! maybe ask the question at a petshop or enquire at your vets?

Donna.