Wikiposts

Proudly British

Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Smile Proudly British

Be very proud to be British because...

Only in Britain... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain... do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...

3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairylights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling accidents.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth. :scared:

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.

And finally.........

In 2000 eight Brits cracked their skull whilst throwing up into the toilet.

LONG RULE BRITANNIA!!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 5:43 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proudly British

>>3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.<<

Blimey!

As a kid I used to make valve radios (most of you'll have to look that up...), which usually needed a high tension battery as well as a LT one. I can't remember the HT voltage but it was something like 120v - they were b****y great things. Another lad's father ran a scrapyard, which was a wonderful source of anything from old copies of Health & Efficiency (see above!) to car engines, so that's where the batteries came from.

To check if one was still live, I once tried the tongue/salt-taste on it........

You only do it once!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 6:45 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent.....can imagine being involved in most off them
Gillian
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

As sad as it is I love the taste of batteries.

I have busted teeth from beer opening incidents... they never said they were screw top

And I happen to be very bad at scalextrics.. never wanted to brake

Does this make me British
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:24 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
>>3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.<<

Blimey!

As a kid I used to make valve radios (most of you'll have to look that up...), which usually needed a high tension battery as well as a LT one. I can't remember the HT voltage but it was something like 120v - they were b****y great things. Another lad's father ran a scrapyard, which was a wonderful source of anything from old copies of Health & Efficiency (see above!) to car engines, so that's where the batteries came from.

To check if one was still live, I once tried the tongue/salt-taste on it........

You only do it once!
I made valve radios too, and in winter would hover over my glowing valve and keep warm.

From what i know, VALVES are still preffered by TOP makers, over solid state stuff, and PLL radios.

Id love an OLD crystal radio again

Steve
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
As a kid I used to make valve radios (most of you'll have to look that up...)
You really are an old bugga then

Third.....Light.....Home

Oh, and Sing Something Simple.