Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

prospective partner visas

prospective partner visas

Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:23 am
Just Joined

redbod will become famous soon enough
Default prospective partner visas

I am just about to submit my application for a prospective marriage visa with DIMIA..........anyone have any advise on how not to mess up:lecture?

my timetable at the mo is submit application in March, Move lock stock and two fluffy dogs (pomm-pommes) in September and get maried April 2005.........does this sound realistic

Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I came over in November on a prospective spouse visa, and if you want to ask specific questions I'm quite glad to answer them.
I'm assuming you are migrating from the UK to Oz? And you are front-loading the application?

First thing that comes to mind is your timeline - if you front-load the application you may get it back in only a month or so; once the visa is granted you only have nine months to move to Oz, get married, and apply for residence - so if you apply in March, you may get the visa in April, hence an April 2005 wedding will be too far ahead - see what I mean?

Apart from that, general advice would be to gather evidence of your relationship together, as you'll need that, also get some Stat Decs organised - people are quite happy to say "yes, I'll do it", but actually getting the things back from them can take a few weeks!!

And start saving - do a search on here for moving the dogs, and you'll find its a little pricey!

Good luck, and ask away when you need to know anything else!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

redbod will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi,
I came over in November on a prospective spouse visa, and if you want to ask specific questions I'm quite glad to answer them.
I'm assuming you are migrating from the UK to Oz? And you are front-loading the application?

First thing that comes to mind is your timeline - if you front-load the application you may get it back in only a month or so; once the visa is granted you only have nine months to move to Oz, get married, and apply for residence - so if you apply in March, you may get the visa in April, hence an April 2005 wedding will be too far ahead - see what I mean?

Apart from that, general advice would be to gather evidence of your relationship together, as you'll need that, also get some Stat Decs organised - people are quite happy to say "yes, I'll do it", but actually getting the things back from them can take a few weeks!!

And start saving - do a search on here for moving the dogs, and you'll find its a little pricey!

Good luck, and ask away when you need to know anything else!
Pollyana

thanks for the advise, good to know someone else in the same boat as me

what do you mean by front loading, I am a complete technophobe and this sounds very computerish.........

unfortunately the only people that can do the stat decs are my to-be-mother-in-law and a cousin in law

thanks for the advise re the dogs.....had horrendous quotes so far and am doing most of it myself

Lorna
Old Jan 11th 2004, 1:36 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by redbod
Pollyana

thanks for the advise, good to know someone else in the same boat as me

what do you mean by front loading, I am a complete technophobe and this sounds very computerish.........

unfortunately the only people that can do the stat decs are my to-be-mother-in-law and a cousin in law

thanks for the advise re the dogs.....had horrendous quotes so far and am doing most of it myself

Lorna
HI

This should explain what is meant by front end loading, also take a look at www.immi.gov.au and download the partner booklet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
front_end_loading.pdf (24.7 KB, 113 views)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna,
Hope you made sense of BKates's links - its certainly the best way to do a Pros Spouse Visa - you send everything in at once, including police check and medical, and that saves them having to write back and ask for it, hence you get the visa quicker.
As for the Stat Decs - those two should be fine, it doesn't matter if you get them from friends or family, and it might help you to know that the people doing the Stat Decs don't actually have to have met both you and your fiance. I had one from my sister saying how much she was looking forward to meeting him, and how she had heard a lot about him from me and could see how committed I was; also one from my best mate saying how he had talked to my Bloke on the phone several times.
Good luck,
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:13 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Do copies of passports etc need to be signed for authenticity (like the stat decs) when submitting the Visa app?

Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

yes they do. Your local solicitor shoould be able to do this for you
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:43 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by loose
Hi,

Do copies of passports etc need to be signed for authenticity (like the stat decs) when submitting the Visa app?

Mairi and and Chris is correct. All documents submitted (bar the application forms and stat decs) should be certified copies. The only other exception is the police checks.