propper BBQ's

Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:30 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default propper BBQ's

I have a pet hate for gas BBQ's, I just don't see the point of them, especially the flat ones that don't grill, you may aswell be cooking on a fryingpan. I like my BBq'd food to taste like it has been cooked over a flame.

I have searched everwhere in Australia (slight exageration but I have searched a lot) and all you can get are the kettle type or something which is rivaled by a chuckaway BBQ.

So if anyone else is of he same opinion then I would suggest getting a BBQ in the sales on now and keeping it boxed up to ship over when you go.

Kala
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:44 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: propper BBQ's

Originally Posted by kala
I have a pet hate for gas BBQ's, I just don't see the point of them, especially the flat ones that don't grill, you may aswell be cooking on a fryingpan. I like my BBq'd food to taste like it has been cooked over a flame.

I have searched everwhere in Australia (slight exageration but I have searched a lot) and all you can get are the kettle type or something which is rivaled by a chuckaway BBQ.

So if anyone else is of he same opinion then I would suggest getting a BBQ in the sales on now and keeping it boxed up to ship over when you go.

Kala
Just chuck the meat on the dying embers. Alternatively, if you like it fancy, borrow some wire from a nearby fence and make a grill.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Just chuck the meat on the dying embers. Alternatively, if you like it fancy, borrow some wire from a nearby fence and make a grill.

Yep B&Q do a grill and a coal holder about £15. When you arrive buy some bricks and build, ours cost about £30 all in.

Walla
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:00 am
ABCDiamond

Gas BBQ's are handy for everyday outside cooking. It beats cooking inside when the temperature is already high.

Some of the Gas ones have the open grills, and the flame can get up and cook the meat quite easily.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Kala
Remeber in Oz you will be likely to use the BBQ much more than in the UK so gas is peferred as it is much easier & cleaner to use. Also you'll need the flat bed to brown your onions!

I have noticed that quite a few people have a big "weber" kettle BBQ aswell as a flat bed gas BBQ as these do cook a fantastic roast......
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Gas barbies are also really handy when theres a total fire ban, most days in summer then
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Gas barbies are also really handy when theres a total fire ban, most days in summer then
Yup was just about to type that...... raw snags dont just seem to taste the same
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:33 pm
Badge

hevs not just a pretty face, is she? I turned to my wife and said, how about building a bbq- then got to Hev's reply..

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

why thank you kind sir. Even more true where you live, christ that doesn't even bear thinking about with your cooking skills and trees :scared:. At least you and Matt are expert fire fighters. The CFA got hold of you yet
Old Sep 4th 2004, 2:08 pm
Badge

why thank you kind sir. Even more true where you live, christ that doesn't even bear thinking about with your cooking skills and trees :scared:. At least you and Matt are expert fire fighters. The CFA got hold of you yet
the berwick mob said 'we're full' (yeah right - they weren't impressed with my Harkaway fisherman's tale clearly).

Apparently here though they are gagging for them. Might get to wear all the gear before the summer's out. better have my size an all or i'm not playing. top tip: look the biz - do the biz. No camera, no combat...yadda yadda

People : we are living a few valleys give or take where the CFA lost 2 trucks in 'ash wed' 20 yrs ago we have insurance.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:11 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

There is always all winter Dont forget it its warm most days in winter where i'm going Hevs

Salad all summer
Propper BBQ all Winter
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I look forward to a winter barbie in your fantastic new place to live

(when i saved up for the air fares that is )
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:56 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

I look forward to a winter barbie in your fantastic new place to live

(when i saved up for the air fares that is )

Yeah Chick and you better pop in and see me whan you get over, If I see any super cheap $50 fares I'l Be mailing you with the details straight away.

My brother in law was over from MEL last week and he only paid $189 from MEl to PER to SYD to MEL.

I'l even treat you to a propper charcoal BBQ
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

I'l even treat you to a propper charcoal BBQ
I'll make sure its august then :scared:
My friend from Gero might be coming over here for xmas, so i'm really chuffed! But your neck off the woods will be great for a winter holiday, $189 is a bargin,(unless it was with death star!!!) 'specially as we won't need any accomodation

Have you told all the expee's to tell everyone they know about your new venture??? Lets get it filled up for you
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:09 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

I'll make sure its august then :scared:
My friend from Gero might be coming over here for xmas, so i'm really chuffed! But your neck off the woods will be great for a winter holiday, $189 is a bargin,(unless it was with death star!!!) 'specially as we won't need any accomodation

Have you told all the expee's to tell everyone they know about your new venture??? Lets get it filled up for you
It was with Qantas. then he felw skywest from PER to GERO for $100 E/W

I'm trying to drop it into every thread I get on

FORESHORE BACKPACKERS GERALDTON, THE BEST IN THE WEST
GIVE ME GERALDTON ANYDAY
DISCOUNT FOR ALL EXPAT MEMBERS

AGHHHHH you can tell I've had a jack or 2 can't ya, I'm almost a WA country girl already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.