British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/property-prices-perth-adelaide-brisbane-584073/)

Danaanatrix Jan 13th 2009 9:33 pm

Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

We all know how the prices in the UK have now gone into free fall.

Has the global credit screw up affected the property prices in Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane?

I have a job offer and can go to anyone of the 3 areas. I am still unsure which area to go for. I think in the end the price of property will swing it for me as I know all 3 areas have their good points.

Confused.com, too bloody right! It is doing my head in!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

squeezzii Jan 13th 2009 11:41 pm

Re: Property Prices Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane

can only help for perth, yes the prices have dropped here over the last year + some still dropping, may I suggest you check out reiwa.com.au

Siren & Brian Jan 14th 2009 12:09 am

The cheapest would be Adelaide, but there are reasons for that.

Wendy Jan 14th 2009 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian (Post 7164546)
The cheapest would be Adelaide, but there are reasons for that.

Yes there are. I think our tourism adverts put people off:

:D

ozzieeagle Jan 14th 2009 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 7164678)
Yes there are. I think our tourism adverts put people off:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iaRInq9c93E

:D

If I were a true punter I'd bet on circa at least 10,000 Vics all at the same time around the end of Feb. It's going to make Rundle st very pretty ....

Either that or 5,000 plus Croweaters are coming to the Telstra dome ;)

ABCDiamond Jan 14th 2009 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Danaanatrix (Post 7163985)

Has the global credit screw up affected the property prices in Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane?

I have a job offer and can go to anyone of the 3 areas. I am still unsure which area to go for. I think in the end the price of property will swing it for me as I know all 3 areas have their good points.

I have a December newspaper pull out in front of me covering most of QLD's house prices for each suburb.

During the last QTR, some areas have carried on going up, whilst others have gone down, however, when looked at for the previous 12 months, most areas have shown an increase.

Most of "Brisbane" has risen over the last 12 months with about 75% probably showing a decline in the last 3 months.

Confused, you will be...

In my area, Redlands, the two suburbs that moved the most actually show:
Suburb 1: Up 46.7% in last three months, but only up 26.9% for the last 12 months
Suburb 2: Down 13.7% in last three months, but UP 15.6% for the last 12 months

Dorothy Jan 14th 2009 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Danaanatrix (Post 7163985)

You should be looking at a whole lot more than just property prices. How about schooling, transportation, crime, weather, pay rates, entertainment, proximity to other areas, etc. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are very different places to each other. A little bit of research into the rest of what each has to offer would not go amiss.

As Siren & Brian said, Adelaide is probably least expensive, but there is a reason for it. (Don't get me wrong - I love Adelaide and would be living there in a heartbeat if not for the old man's job)

bezzanbob Jan 14th 2009 9:43 am

And the reason Adelaide is cheaper is - apart form the advert?

Bezza

Dorothy Jan 14th 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by bezzanbob (Post 7165839)
And the reason Adelaide is cheaper is - apart form the advert?

Bezza

Wages are lower, smaller city = less opportunity for work = lower prices for housing.